32 - one year later

it took a while for things to get back to some form of normality; about one year, to be precise. 

when ethan went back to school the day after him and sean became a couple, he spent the school days alone, but it wasn't all bad since he got to see his lover after school every day. sean carried out the rest of his suspension and despite his mother's best efforts to make him stay at home, he decided to go back to school to be with his boyfriend. the two hung out alone for months, not talking to the people they once called their friends. the whole school was very cautious around sean, a boy they once admired who they were now terrified of. but that didn't bother him; he had all he needed.

mark, bob, wade and tyler began to realise that they had been brainwashed by felix and that they missed sean and ethan. they decided to speak to the two boys and apologise for all that had happened. they apologised for isolating sean and ganging up on him. mark apologised to ethan for exposing him that one lunch time. the two boys forgave them for all that had happened and they all started on a clean slate, hanging out together like they used to, and leaving felix on his own.

after weeks of being isolated felix couldn't take it anymore, and came to the conclusion that this was what he deserved for being so mean and unreasonable. he made a bold move of apologising to everyone, but mostly to sean. he admitted to dragging the whole situation out and being incredibly dramatic about one little kiss. he stated that he was over what sean did and had moved on. it was much more difficult for sean to forgive felix, but after a few days he came around, and allowed felix to be a part of their group once more.

the students began to find out about what greg did to sean on the day he was stabbed with the pen, and instantly people began defending the suspended boy. even greg's own friends lost interest in him over it and became embarrassed to be around him. soon greg had nobody, and dropped out of school. not a single person heard from him afterwards.

ethan came out to his family as gay and explained that he had a boyfriend. everybody was supportive of him, especially his mother. sean and ethan came out together in school as a couple, and not a single person had anything bad to say about it - even felix was happy for them. speaking of whom, felix began to date a lovely girl called marzia, and mark started talking to a girl called amy who he had expressed his interest for in the past. 

life became good again. the world became peaceful. graduation day was getting closer and closer. sean and ethan both knew that they would continue to spend every day together once that final ceremony rolled around; possibly, the rest of their lives.

a/n: and that's the end! i hope yall enjoyed that. i have an idea for a sequel so i may do a second book to this but let me know what you think. some of you may prefer it if i just leave it here, but idk, we'll see! thanks so much for the endless support on this rollercoaster of a story, ily guys sm. thank you for reading <3