Chapter 15 ~ Fun Torture Time

Chapter 15: Fun Torture Time
~

Seth looked genuinely relieved when he saw me enter the room behind the men. I was curious at such a reaction, moving around my mate so I could look at him properly. Tied to the chair he sat on, blood stained his torn shirt and his dark blond hair was tussled and dirty.

"You look better than I thought you would." He chuckled, his eyes trailing over me before he sighed heavily. "I already told you, I won't tell you anything."

"We'll see about that," Atanas muttered, pulling me ever so slightly closer.

Seth just sighed again, his head resting against the back of the chair to stare at the roof. Titus chuckled darkly, moving forward. He gripped Seth's wrists and leaned, baring his fangs close to his face.

"We have been around for over a millennia. Don't you think along the way we've learned tricks to loosen tongues?" he growled, tightening his grip.

I swallowed when I heard the crunch of bones but Seth didn't so much as blink. Backing away a little, I turned around to give myself a moment. I knew it would be difficult to witness torture, hell I wasn't sure I could even condone it. Seth may have done horrible things, even to me, but did he deserve this?

The strong hand of my mate touched my shoulder, fingers stroking over skin. "Shylah?"

"I'm okay," I whispered, straightening back up before turning around.

Titus had moved away again. I could see Seth's wrists were turning an ugly green and blue. Were we really going to lower ourselves to this? My jaw clenched. He'd had a small taste of what we'd done, maybe the threat of further pain would be enough.

Taking initiative, I crouched in front of Seth, hissing for his attention. Bored eyes met mine and it only irritated me further.

"Listen Seth, I'd truly love nothing more than to hear you screams and smell your blood after what you did to me and those humans, but we're rather short on time and I'm very short on fucking patience. Talk and you'll have a swift death. Who knows, maybe we might even leave you alive. You're no threat. Or don't talk and I'll make sure Titus has someone doing unspeakable thing to you until either Airell is dead, or someone finds you after we're all dead. What's it going to be?"

I hoped my act was believable as I reached out to squeeze what I now knew was indeed a broken wrist. Despite his stony expression, I could see the flicker of pain in his eyes. Smirking, my voice was beguilingly sweet, "Come now. Make a choice."

He stared at me, crystal eyes boring into mine. Just as I thought maybe he'd take what I said into consideration, he spat at me. I flinched back in disgust, using my sleeve to wipe away what landed on my knee. Atanas pulled me to my feet, his fury filling the room.

"Bad choice," I sighed, leaning into my mate and closing my eyes when I heard Titus' fist connect with Seth's face.

I was going to have to leave the villa, I couldn't listen to what I knew was going to happen next. Already the smell of blood filtered through the air, leaving me queasy. Thanks to the mate bond, I knew Atanas would understand what I was feeling. Looking up at him, I felt incredibly weak and useless. He cupped my cheek, his touch gentle even though his fury at Seth's disrespect swirls through him.