Chapt 13

"Hi, you're Xiao Zhan right?"

"Y-You know me?" Xiao Zhan stuttered and the man chuckled before sitting beside him on the bench.

"Of course. I've seen you at parties and events before but Wang Yibo was always by your side and busy glaring at people" The man replied.

"Ah..." Xiao Zhan responded, grimacing when he heard Yibo's name. "You are...?"

"Ah" The man gasp and quickly reached out his hand "I am Chu Yue, CEO of the Yue group"

Xiao Zhan's eyes widened as he immediately shook Chu Yue's hand "I've always wanted to meet you again!"

"Is that so?" Chu Yue chuckled and Xiao Zhan nodded "When I was 6, it was one of my hardest times but one day I met you along with 3 of my friends. You brought us around your secret studio, showing us all the paintings and drawings you did.

You know, from then on I dreamt of painting and designing too. I recognised your brand when I saw the same desgin you had." Xiao Zhan said with a slight smile and Chu Yue ruffled his head.

"I remember. Let me guess, you were the kid that poured chilli into your bowl of soup noodles" Chu Yue said and Xiao Zhan slightly chuckled "Yeah"

Chu Yue smiled "And where are your friends now?" Xiao Zhan's smile faltered "One starved to death, one got beaten to them and one got kidnapped"

Chu Yue's smile faltered too "I see... Well, I'm glad you're alive" Chu Yue ruffled Xiao Zhan's hair.

Xiao Zhan smiled "But thank you. That meal was the last one my friend had before starving and he said it was the best meal he ever had since he grew up in the orphanage"

Chu Yue smiled "Sometimes... somethings happen. But its more important to remember the good times than the bad ones"

Xiao Zhan nodded his head "Yea, I just realised that. Cherish the good times you had and if they're gone, they were there for you to remember, for you to lean on, for you to gain strength from"

"Smart kid" Chu Yue ruffled Xiao Zhan's hair again and Xiao Zhan pouted "Who's a kid! I'm only 3 years younger if I remember correctly"

Chu Yue chuckled and stood up "Well, if you trust me enough now, shall we go to my house?"

"W-What?" Xiao Zhan stuttered and Chu Yue leaned in "What do you think I'm going to do?" Xiao Zhan gulped nervously and Chu Yue laughed hard.

"You're still a kid. Where are you going with all these stuff? I assume you have no place to stay right?" Chu Yue said.

"Ah, right. But it's fine... I'll find a place somewhere" Xiao Zhan replied but Chu Yue carried 4 bags and held on to one luggage.

"Xiao Zhan ah, seeing how your company rose so quickly, I thought you knew how to take advantage of people. You need to do that to survive or people will take advantage of you"

"B-But I can't trouble you..." Xiao Zhan said and Chu Yue shook his head "No trouble, man. I wouldn't have offered otherwise. Come on, I can't wait to show off my paintings and designs that I could only keep to myself"

"T-Then let me do something to pay you back!" Xiao Zhan said and Chu Yue smiled "Alright. To be honest, I've been stuck on designs and I think your help will be greatly appreciated."

"B-But I... I'm only interested... I never actually..." Xiao Zhan wanted to protest but Chu Yue interrupted him "So do you want a great chance to do what you like"

"Yes!" Xiao Zhan replied then realising he sounded too eager, he lowered his head a little "Yes... Thank you"

Chu Yue smiled "Come, let's go." Xiao Zhan quickly carried the bag and pulled the luggage as he caught up to Chu Yue "Let me, I can carry them"

Chu Yue chuckled "It's fine, let the man do the work. Remember, take advantage of other people"

Xiao Zhan pouted "I'm a man too" And Chu Yue laughed "Yea, but you're a small skinny man. You need to eat more"

From afar, a man was watching and the tree he was hiding behind suffered a lot. Yibo couldn't help but follow Xiao Zhan on his own, his heart clenching as he watched Xiao Zhan cry.

However, he became jealous as soon as a man came towards him and they started talking comfortably and even more so as they left together with the man carrying his stuff.

How can Xiao Zhan just follow a man like that?! He knew that Xiao Zhan is still innocent so it is even more dangerous! Yibo grit his teeth.

Even god doesn't know how many times Yibo punched the poor tree, his hands covered with blood and a few wood splints, his knuckles probably going to bruise.

Yibo ignored the pain in his hand and took out his phone "Go all out in getting him. I want to settle this quickly!"

Chu Yue opened the door and grinned "Welcome!" Xiao Zhan looked around with awe "T-This... You designed this yourself?"

"Yea, I wanted to design my house for myself" Chu Yue smiled proudly as he brought in Xiao Zhan and his things before closing the door.

Xiao Zhan smiled at Chu Yue and Chu Yue looked away "Whoa, don't look at me so intensely..." then whispered under his breath "I don't know what I'll do to you"

"I like you!" Xiao Zhan grinned and Chu Yue felt heat creeping up his cheeks. Xiao Zhan seem special to him. Especially since he is the first one Chu Yue brought into his house.

Xiao Zhan looked around again in awe and fascination then turned to him "You're really a nice guy!"

Chu Yue grimaced after hearing 'nice guy'. 'It sounds like a kid saying that to someone he wants to befriend... Friendzoned from the start... Well, things change' Chu Yue thought as he smiled.

Chu Yue then showed Xiao Zhan around the apartment. A mini kitchen, mini living room, Chu Yue's room, a guest room, and two rooms used as his workplaces.

"Rest up first. If you're free tomorrow we'll go through the designs and pack them up. Since I haven't had new designs, they'll fit in a room. You can use it as a reference room then use the other room as your workplace"

Xiao Zhan turned around "I... I feel kind of bad. How can I take advantage of you..."

Chu Yue chuckled "That's something I have to teach you. From now I'll be your good friend, someone you can talk to and lean on so feel free to take advantage of me okay?"

"Then you can take advantage of me too! Since we're good friends now!" Xiao Zhan grinned and Chu Yue almost choked on his saliva.

With how fast his heart beats for Xiao Zhan, its not a good idea for Xiao Zhan to say such things even if its innocently. Chu Yue chuckled and bid him goodnight as they went to rest.