Chapter 7

"Dean, what the hell did you do?!"

"He pissed me off."

"You didn't have to try and shoot him!"

We were currently running for our lives as a result of Dean's foolish actions. Negan was being annoying, as usual, and what did Dean do? He shot at him. But unfortunately for us, he missed and hit Lucille. Now, we were left running for our lives as Negan was on the warpath. "What the hell were you thinking?!"

"I was thinking he was getting annoying. So I decided I was gonna shoot him in the face." Dean chuckled. It was like he enjoyed this. But there was no time for enjoyment, as I could slowly feel the exhaustion creeping up on me. My chest was tightening and my legs felt as though the bones were about to shatter. And with each agonising step, I quickly began to regret choosing these shows to go under my favourites list. Soon enough, I managed to slam into something, and within seconds, I was laying in the dirt, a burning pain radiating through my aching body. I barely had any time to look up before I heard a voice that both scared me and excited me. "Hello darling."

I lifted my head so I could see the face that matched the soft British voice. He had his hands wrapped around Dean's throat. And as I stared in horror, flashes of my favourite vampire raced through my mind. "Kol."

But before I could plead for Dean's life, I found that I now had to plead for my own. "Damn! You do run fast." Negan was now slowly walking towards me, a devilish grin on his face. "Look, we coulda been friends...if your friend here hadn't gone and shot Lucille."

"Negan, please."

"Please? That's the best you got? Please?"

I jumped when I heard a loud thud behind me. Kol had let Dean go and was now slowly advancing towards Negan. "Well, isn't this fun."

Negan paused for a moment, a puzzled expression appearing on his face. "I'm sorry...who are you?"

"I'm Kol. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't interfere with my rather exciting plans to kill these two."

"Alright sweetheart, just get out of the way."

Kol smiled, his eyes turning a dark shade of red. "Oh, I don't think so."

"What the hell?" Within seconds, Kol had sank his teeth into Negan's neck and blood began spilling to the floor. There was no way of stopping the Original vampire. We had no weapons, no white oak stake. We were forced to watch as Kol slowly drained the life out of Negan.

"What do we do? Who is this guy?"

I turned to Dean, who was still struggling on the ground. "He's a vampire. But you can't kill him."

"Why not?"

"Because he's an Original. He can only be killed by the white oak stake."

"Well how do we stop him? We're kinda running out of time here."

"We can stake him but it'll only slow him down. It won't kill him."

"Well that's good enough for me." He quickly staggered to his feet and walked over to a nearby fence, breaking a piece of wood off it. I remained on the ground, watching as he plunged the stick of wood into Kol's back. He cried out in pain before his body went limp and dropped to the ground. Negan fell to the floor seconds later, the warm blood still escaping from his neck. I scrambled to my feet, standing over Negan's almost lifeless body. "Okay, what now?" Dean questioned. "I mean, he's an ass. But we can't just leave him to die."

"Do you have a knife?"

"Yeah. But what's that gonna do?" He asked, handing me the blade.

"You'll see." I said, walking over to Kol's body. I knelt down beside him, running the blade along his wrist. "Help me get him over to Negan." I said, dragging Kol's body across the floor. Dean immediately came to help and when we finally got him close enough, I positioned his bleeding wrist over Negan's mouth.

Dean just looked at me with pure horror. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Vampire blood heals people."

"Oh. Wow. That...that's just wonderful."

"Alright, that should do it." I moved Kol's wrist away and a few moments later, Negan's eyes shot open. "What the hell?! What is that thing?! Did he just try to eat me?"

"There's no time for questions. We have to run. He won't be down for long."

***

"Who the hell was that asshole?" Negan asked, scowling at me.

I sighed. "His name is Kol Mikaelson. And he's one of the Original vampires."

It was getting worse. I thought that Negan was the biggest threat, but now that Kol was here, he'd quickly taken that status. He was officially the most dangerous creature on Earth. "So where the hell are we anyway?" Negan growled.

I sighed. "Iowa."

"Iowa? What the hell are we doing in Iowa?"

"I live here. And you lot seem to be appearing around me."

***

We'd been walking for hours and Negan and Dean had been arguing for the most of it. I began to grow tired of the constant death threats and the graphic depictions of how they would kill each other. We couldn't even return to the house in case Kol followed us. We had to get as far away from civilisation as we could. Whilst I was growing tired of this unfortunate situation, I was also secretly enjoying it. During the few days they'd been here, I'd gotten to experience life as a hunter. I'd met Negan, Castiel, Kol. I was able to team up with Dean Winchester. But I knew we couldn't leave things like this. With Kol on the loose, no one was safe.

***

a/n
Sorry if this is moving too fast. I promise once the actual plot forms and all the characters are introduced, it'll slow down a bit lol. Also, I don't live in America, I just like writing in like American context (if that makes sense lol), so if I mention any places or get any locations wrong or whatever I apologise.