Chapter 8

"So how long are we gonna sit around in this damn box?" Negan whined, lazily swinging his feet over the side of the old armchair. After our run in with Kol, I'd decided it'd be best if we hid out in my family's old cabin for a while, just until things had calmed down. And although it was unpleasant, it was necessary if we wanted to stay alive.

"I don't know, okay? But could you please just be quiet."

"You better watch how you talk to me. I could kill you right now."

I folded my arms across my chest, smirking at him. "Yes, you could. But if you don't wanna get eaten by a vampire, then I suggest you keep me alive."

He just laughed. "Well played."

"So do you think he'll find us here?" Dean questioned, waltzing into the room with a beer in his hand.

I shook my head. "I don't know. But if he does, we'll be safe. He can't get in."

"Wait, what do you mean, can't get in?"

"Vampires can't come inside a house without being invited in by the person who owns it."

"Oh."

***

Although it had only been a couple of hours, it felt like we'd been here for days. Between Negan's incessant talking and Dean's constant whining, I barely even had time to think. It was exhausting. Every so often though, Dean would retreat into another room to pray to Cas. And although he believed no one knew what he was doing, I noticed. And as I slouched in the tiny armchair, listening to Negan's grating voice, I silently hoped that Castiel would hear Dean's prayers and release me from this everlasting torture. Usually, I liked Negan, but that was before I learnt how much he actually talked. It was annoying. Dean, on the other hand, was slightly more pleasant.

"So, any word from Cas yet?" I asked, turning to Dean, who practically choked on his beer. "What?"

"Dean, I know you've been praying. So, any word from Cas?"

He shook his head. "Nope. Wish he'd hurry up and get here though. Get me away from this annoying son of a bitch." He chuckled, looking over at Negan.

"You know, you really are an asshole."

And so it begins, I thought to myself. It was like they were compelled to constantly fight each other. And it was getting ridiculous.

"Wow. You two are like children. You fight more than my family...and they've been fighting for a thousand years." I jumped when I heard that voice again. The familiar British accent that belonged to Kol Mikaelson.

"You can't get in Kol."

"You're right, I can't. But you can let me in."

"Actually, I can't. I don't own the place. And even if I did, I still wouldn't let you past that door."

He smiled. "Fine. Then I'll just burn this place to the ground."

"I don't think so." Castiel was now standing just inches away from Kol.

Kol just glared at him, a look of curiosity in his hazel eyes. "Now, what are you?"

"I'm an angel of the Lord."

"Well I'm pretty sure angels don't exist. I think I'll kill you now."

Before he could even make a move, he was gone. And standing in the doorway, was now a stone angel. Dean turned to me, a panicked expression appearing on his face. "What the hell just happened?! Where did he go?"

"Look at it! Don't turn away!" I yelled, completely ignoring Dean's queries.

"What the hell is that thing?" Negan chuckled, slowly rising up from the armchair he was sitting in.

"It's a Weeping Angel. It'll send you back in time if it touches you."

"Is that what just happened to that other guy?"

I nodded slightly, my breath catching in my throat as I attempted to speak. "Yeah. But he'll be back. He can't die."

"Great. So, what now?"

"I don't know..."

***

a/n
Hope you're liking the story so far. Sorry again for the speed of it at the moment.
Thanks for reading though! :)