Chapter 13

"This was a terrible plan!" Dean yelled, quickly dragging me behind him. Kol found us, but there was one small problem. He thought the whole 'end of the world stuff' was utter bullshit, so instead he decided it'd be better to just kill us. I didn't even know why we were running. It wasn't like we were going to get away. We jerked to a stop once Kol appeared in front of us, a menacing grin plastered across his face. "You know, I actually considered hearing you out. But when you brought up Lucifer, I just knew this was some ridiculous story to distract me." He chuckled, twirling Negan's bat in his hands. "And this is an interesting choice of weapon by the way." Negan had already fled, so Dean and I were the only two left standing.

"Kol, please just listen to us. We're telling the truth." I pleaded.

"The bloody devil? Really?" He chuckled, revealing his fangs as he slowly advanced towards us.

"Compel us!" I suddenly said.

"How do I know you're not on vervain?"

"We're not. Here, taste." I instructed, holding my arm out to him.

He smirked. "Alright."

He carefully closed his fingers around my wrist and I winced when I felt his teeth pierce my flesh. Once he was satisfied that there was no vervain in my system, he looked straight into my eyes, and I suddenly felt like I was being held in place by something. "Does Lucifer walk the earth?"

"Yes."

"Will he bring about the end of the world?"

"Yes."

He nodded, stepping away. "Alright, I'll help."

"Thank you." I breathed out.

Dean looked extremely lost. "What...what just happened?"

"Haven't you met a vampire before?" Kol said, tilting his head at Dean.

"Not one like you."

Kol laughed. "Aw, he's adorable isn't he?"

***

Two hunters, an angel, a Time Lord, an original vampire and an asshole who kills anything that breathes; that was our team. These were the people who were going up against Lucifer. It was an understatement to say that I was worried. And although we had so many powerful beings in our dysfunctional group, not one of us knew how to work together. Dean only got on with his brother and Castiel. And of course, me. Negan would just be sat in the corner insulting people and Kol would just be threatening to eat everyone. The Doctor was inside his TARDIS for the most of it, whilst I was forced to sit and watch as the team basically fell apart. And it was extremely worrying since no one had even thought to try and track down Lucifer. They were too busy bickering.

It had been a few hours and the constant arguing had died down a little now. Dean had managed to find Lucifer, or at least where he was last seen. And we were now trying to form a plan to defeat him. "So what do I do?" Kol questioned. "I'm just itching to kill something."

"You're gonna keep the walkers away from civilians." I explained.

"The what?"

"The flesh eating zombies. They're not hard to miss."

"So I'm going to be stuck killing zombies whilst you lot take on the devil?" He whined. He was quite clearly disappointed with what we'd assigned him to, but it was the only way we could get to Lucifer and protect everyone else. Kol couldn't be killed, which was why he was perfect for keeping the walkers under control. But even as we prepared to save the world, I was still secretly hoping that I was dreaming. That this was just an extremely vivid dream my mind had cooked up. I'd wished so many times to experience a world like this, but now all I wanted to do was disappear. All I wanted to do was escape to another universe, one that wasn't overrun by monsters and flesh eating corpses. I wanted to feel safe again.

***

My heart was pounding as I sat in the TARDIS, anxiously waiting for us to arrive. We were on our way to find Lucifer. This was actually happening. We were going to walk into a life or death situation. And we were most likely going to die. I just knew it.

"You ready for this?" Dean asked.

I nodded. "Yeah." I could already feel my throat tightening. I was terrified.

"Alright, we're here." The Doctor announced.

It was time. It was time to face my fears and go out there and fight. If this worked, I'd be the girl who helped save the world.