Chapter 16

A few weeks had passed since the world almost ended...and I felt disappointed. Yes, I saved the world. But in doing so, I also had to give up my friends. Now, I was back in my boring old room in my boring old house, watching Sam and Dean fight monsters on the TV. I couldn't even talk about my incredible adventure, because no one even remembered what happened. When my wish was taken back, it must've reversed everything. It must've brought everything back to how it was before. But even though no one knew what happened, I knew. I remembered the excitement and the horrors. And I was grateful; grateful that I got the chance to experience just a slither of the supernatural world. I was grateful that I got to meet The Doctor and fight against the devil. I was a hero. For a moment, I was important. And I was thankful for that moment.

"Quinn, it's time to go!" I heard my Mom call. Although she didn't remember anything that happened, something had changed in her. It was like she treasured life a little more. After I'd prevented doomsday and everything had gone back to normal, she'd suggested we spend a weekend at the family cabin. She said she 'wanted to spend some quality time with me'. For some reason, it amused me. But it was nice that she'd somehow gotten a new lease on life. Who knew the end of the world could be so beneficial?

***

What if wishes really could come true? What if fiction could become reality? I asked myself that a lot. But now, all my queries had been answered. Fiction could become reality and wishes could most certainly be granted...but at a cost.

***

So we've reached the end of the story. Hope you enjoyed it! And thanks for reading! :)