Chapter 7

*Rainbow dash's P.O.V* after a few minutes of walking down the street, me and shy arrive at vinyl's house, and as usual, we hear loud dubstep playing from inside.

We knock a few times but to no avail, so we ring the doorbell and shy nearly jumps, apparently they changed their doorbell to something really loud so that vinyl or octavia could even hear it over vinyl's wubs.

Well, it worked, we hear the music inside stop and after a minute vinyl opens the door, her hair in it's usual spiked up manner and her DJ glasses on.

"Hey guys, what's up?" vinyl says in her usual nonchalant tone.

"Hey, vinyl, can we talk inside, it's important" i say in an apparent worried tone.

"Oh, sure, come on in, I've just been working on my music" vinyl says as she let's us in.

We sit in her living room and she heads to the kitchen "you guys need anything to eat or drink?" Vinyl asks.

"Some water please" shy says in her shy quiet tone.

"Anything for you dash?" Vinyl says as she pours shy's glass of water.

"Nothing, thanks" i say holding my head, vinyl is gonna be devastated at this news.

After vinyl brings shy her drink she sits down facing us "so, what's this important thing we need to talk about?"

"Vinyl, it's about octavia" i say now in a more sad tone.

"Oh, tavi?, what's up, she left this morning and all she messaged me was that she was headed out for a walk, i started to wonder why she isn't back yet" vinyl says more intrigued and worried by the topic of octavia.

"That's the thing vinyl, how do i put this" shy says, trying to think.

"Octavia won't be returning from her walk anytime soon vinyl" i say slowly tearing up.

"What do you mean?, fluttershy, what does dash mean?" Vinyl says looking between us in a worried look.

Shy sighs and takes a deep breath "vinyl, octavia is dead." Shy says as she tears up slowly.

Vinyl looks between us "you're kidding right?" She asks looking a little hysterical.

"No lying vinyl, we found octavia's body, she is currently at the morgue at Equestria medical" shy says walking over to vinyl and sitting next to her and hugging her.

At this point vinyl starts tearing up and crying "no, not my tavi, no."

I walk over and hug vinyl "we're sorry for your loss vinyl, we know she was the best."

For a few minutes vinyl just cries and we try our best to comfort her.

After a while of crying and calming down we offer to take vinyl to the hospital to see octavia one last time and she agrees.

So we drive in her car to the hospital and we walk in "excuse me nurse?" I ask.

One of the nurses in the waiting room walks over "how may i help you?"

"We need to go to the morgue center, our friend here was close friends with a recent arrival to that center." I say almost tearing up.

The nurses face changed from serious to a somber apologetic look "of course, right this way please."

The nurse leads us to the morgue center and leads us to octavia's body "here she is, octavia" the nurse uncovers octavia's face from the blanket and steps out of the room to give us our time.

Vinyl walks up next to octavia's body and breaks own into tears "oh tavi, if i knew today was gonna be the last day i saw you, we wouldn't have fought yesterday."

Shy and I walk next to vinyl and try to comfort her "we are so sorry vinyl."

For a few minutes vinyl just cries and we step out and wait outside the door and i flag down the nurse that lead us back here.

"Excuse me nurse?" I ask.

The nurse walks over "i'm sorry for your loss, i hate it when a friendship is broken by a death." She says.

"Thanks, but um, out of curiosity, did the doctors determine cause of death?" I ask even though i may know what the answer was.

"Oh, um, from what i remember the doctors found a bullet embedded in the back of the skull, it was fragmented, so i guessed hollow point" she says in a sad tone.

A hollow point bullet, i knew it, nothings more dangerous to an undefended human than a hollow point round "how did you guess the bullet?"

The nurse looks at me with a face of confidence "i used to be a medic for the military, so i learned a bit from my time as a medic."

"I see, well thank you for the information nurse?...."

"Redheart, nurse redheart." She says with a wry smile.

"Thank you nurse redheart" with that the nurse walks off, she must be busy with other patients.

*Vinyl Scratch's P.O.V* (during the redheart conversation after shy and dash walked out) i can't believe it, my octavia is dead, and i loved her so much.

Something in me wanted to just sit here and die so i could be with tavi again, but something else roared inside me as well.

The wanting to avenge tavi's death, i have to find who did this and make them pay for what they did to tavi.

Right as i was sure i was about to snap i heard dash and fluttershy walk in and i turned to face them "sorry i'm taking so long, you 2 probably have better plans to attend to." I say looking down.

"Take your time, vinyl, we're free till about 3, speaking of which, i know it's a terrible time to ask, but maybe to help take your mind off things, pinkie's throwing one of her parties, maybe you'd like to come to take your mind off octavia?" Dash asks.

"It's up to you, you don't have to go." Dash says patting my back.

"Thanks, i think i will come and join you guys to help clear my mind" i say in a more cheery mood.

"Alright, it'll be good to lift up the spirits" shy says smiling.

I look back at octavia and sigh a sad sigh "goodbye tavi, i love you."

I cover tavi's face with the white blanket and we all walk out and bump into the nurse again.

"Thanks for letting me say my goodbye's nurse, i appreciate it"

The nurse hugs me "you're welcome, and i'm sorry for your loss."

I hug her back and we leave the hospital and head towards sugar cube corner a little early to see if pinkie needs any help.

___________________________________________________________________________
Kinda ran out of idea's near the end of this chapter

kinda just started putting in filler dialogue

Kinda like i am right now xD

but i swear the next chapter will be better

The story is kinda slow right now

but it'll kick up pace next chapter

Muffins & Hugs
~H00DAMAN