Chapter 5

It had been a week since I was forced to start riding to and from school with Patrick Hockstetter and his friends. Dad had seemed confused at first when I told him I had found alternative means to get to school, but seemed overall relieved that I had made some friends. I'm not sure he'd be so relieved if he were to have met these so called new friends but I digress.

Patrick insisted that I walk with him in the hallways now as well, towering over me as he lead me to and from my classes. He wasn't horrible to me, but he treated me like more of a pet then a friend of I was being completely honest.

When the final bell rang I grabbed my books and sprinted to the schools front doors. The boys always got out to the front after me, stopping to torment all who dared cross there path before they got outside. I leaned against the concrete wall next to the door waiting for them patiently as I picked at my nails.

"So your new right?" the voice of a boy asked, catching my attention making me look up at him in curiosity. He smirked down at me, leaning in to rest his arm next to my head. "Yeah, I am." I replied, side stepping him and attempting to walk away. He was a typical looking boy in a letterman's jacket. Short brown hair and bright blue eyes.

"Where you going, i just wanna talk" he said grabbing my arm to yanking me back in his direction. I quickly pulled away, shoving his hand, making it clear that I was uncomfortable with him touching me. "Please leave me alone" I asked, hugging my books closer to my chest as the boy tried to grab me once again.

Panic started to take over my body as I realized my pleas where doing nothing to stop him. I was terrified. He was clearly older and much stronger then myself due to the difference in stature. "Oh come on, I know you want to talk to me." he said cornering me against the wall, trapping me between his arms as he leaned in, setting his disgusting rough hand against my waist.

"Stop" I barked, shoving at his chest to push him away from me as hot tears began to well up in my eyes. I stumbled a bit as the boy was yanked to the ground by the back of his collar, finally allowing me time to escape. He scrambled to stand back up and face his attacker.

Patrick stood there, a dead stare on his face as his eyes locked on the boy. I sprinted to him burying my face in his abdomen as I tried my best to hold in my tears. Yes I would admit Patrick was horribly scary, but at least I knew he wouldn't do to me what the other boy had. "Did I just see you touching my property?" Patrick spat, his large hand resting on my back as he held me against his chest protectively. I was taken aback by his words, the way he called me his property, but I was much to preoccupied trying to keep myself from an outburst to care. "I wasn't hurting her, that slut wanted it" the kid spat, dusting dirt off his shirt.

"I suggest you shut the fuck up, before I cut your tongue out" Patrick replied, letting go of me and pushing me behind him. "I'm not scared of you, Hockstetter." the boy replied crossing his arms stubbornly over his chest. I felt someone grab me by my backpack, pulling me back out of the line of fire. Oh god, here we go.

"You should be" Patrick cackled sadistically. He swept his leg behind the boy, knocking him to the ground once again. He stood over him for a moment before kicking him, hard. As hard as he could right in the ribs. I gasped, horrified by the violent assault. He kicked him again, and again, and again, until the boy screamed out in agony, begging for Patrick to stop.

I wanted him to stop as well. It scared me that he got this way, no empathy to be found in his cold dead eyes as he watch the boy on the ground cough out a mouthful of blood. I ran over and pulled him by the back of his shirt. He whipped around so fast that I thought he was going to hit me. I put my arms up to shield my face, waited for the harsh impact of his hand against my skin, but it never came. He snatched my arm out of the air and yanked me in the direction of the car.

When we made it into the parking lot he yanked the car door open roughly, shoving me down against the seat. "Don't fucking move" he commanded, shutting the door before taking off back towards where the attack had taken place. "Touch her again, I'll fucking kill you" I heard a voice say distantly before one last pain filled scream filled the air.

What have I done.