Chapter 9

*TRIGGER ⚠️ WARNING*
*Mentions of suicide, Blood, and childhood trauma*

Patrick's POV

The gravel crunched under my boots as I walked down one of the many shitty Derry roads. I had been at Henry's house for the past couple of hours but when his dad came home, mad and drunk as shit like always, Me, belch, and Victor all left in a hurry. Henry never liked it when we were there to see his dad beat the shit out of him. He thought it made him look weak.

I mean it did, but I would never tell him that.

Poppy had been acting weird all day, all week in fact. Every day she had looked like a bewildered animal when we came and picked her up in the mornings. She always had dark circles under her wide eyes, like she hadn't slept in days, and I assumed she hadn't. She kept lying to me telling me that it's because she had homework, but when she arrived at school without it it was obvious that that was complete bullshit.

When she lied I just wanted to beat the truth out of her, wrap my hands around her throat and squeeze until she obeyed, but she was a toy that I quite enjoyed, not something I wanted to break, not yet at least.

Every time I looked at her I got this weird feeling I have never felt before, I couldn't place it nor did I care to but there was something. It's like something inside of me was telling me that she was real, that I needed to protect her at all costs, but she was just a girl. She wasn't special, and I needed to stop acting like she was.

Remembering she had told me her dad was out of town, I turned around and started towards your house. It wasn't a very long walk, Derry after all wasn't a very big town.

When I finally made it to her house I could see that the lights upstairs were on. I knew that the door would be unlocked, she always forgot to lock it when she was alone, how carelessly stupid of her.

I made my way up the front porch steps and push the door open I made my way inside, closing it behind me.

The house was quiet, i was betting she was already up in her bed. I made my way up the stairs knocking twice on her bedroom door before I shoved at the wood, forcing it open. Scanning the room it was clear that she was not in there, no where to be seen, "Poppy?" I called, hoping she would respond so I didn't have to search for her. Her comforter was tossed letting me know that she had been there recently, but the bed was vacant along with the rest of the room.

Where the fuck did she go.

I walked out confused heading towards her bathroom, reaching for the handle, but the door was locked. I could see light pouring from beneath the door letting me know she was in fact in there.

"Poppy, open the door" I called, more like commanded as I knocking on the wood. The only response I got from the other side was a muffled whimper. I stood there in confusion, why the fuck wasn't she answering me.

"Open the door" I repeated, louder this time, beginning to get annoyed at whatever game she was playing.

Silence

"Poppy open the fucking door, now" I growled slamming my fist against the wooden frame in annoyance from her lack of acknowledgement. A broken sob echoed through the room.

"The fuck is wrong with you. Open the door, Or Ill open it for you." I growled lowly. Again, nothing. I rested my ear against the door, trying to hear what was happening inside. The only sounds I could make out we're continuous quite sobs, and shallow labored breathing.

I took a few steps back, kicking my foot against the door with all my force. I heard the wood split and the door swung open with a thud. I saw shattered glass all over the floor along with a puddle of blood as I made my way inside. Cautiously I turned the corner to see poppy lying on the floor, her body twitching as tears poured down her red face. Her arm was bloody and covered in glass and her pupils where big like saucers.