Chapter 11

Patrick had stayed at my house for the rest of the weekend, sort of by force but I didn't mind his presence. He would never admit it but i knew he just didn't want to leave me, he didn't want me to get the chance to hurt myself again, not that I had any plans of doing so.

My alarm had blared to life that morning, reminding me that we had school once again. I groaned burying my face into my pillow, not wanting to leave my warm bed. Of course Patrick suggested we skip and it took me the duration of my morning routine to convince him to even go to school with me.

After belch picked us up, I had to endure a ride of listening to the boys dirty comments, mocking Patrick for having been at my house all weekend. I rolled my eyes, ignoring there childish banter and focused my attention out the window instead.

The day was long and boring as per usual, the same teachers saying the same things. After the last bell rang I headed towards the bathroom, trying to hurry so I had time to use it and get to class before the bell rang once again. I pushed a stall open and entered, proceeding to do my business. As I was leaning over the white porcelain sink to wash my hands, the most annoying voice spoke up from behind me.

"You're Poppy, right?" the girl said with a mocking laugh. I scrunched my nose and twisted to look at her in annoyance. "Yes" I replied shortly, wanting nothing more then for her to leave me the hell alone. "I've seen you hanging around bowers a lot" she had slamming her hand against the door frame as I tried to walk around her to leave, smacking her gum obnoxiously as she blocked my way. "Yeah" I repeated, shoving her arm out of my way to make her move. She stumbled a bit, I could tell she didn't expect me to react that way. To be honest I hadn't quite expected it either.

I headed for the front doors of the school, hearing her sneakers walking behind me at a fast pace to keep up with my strides. I pushed through the doors, heading outside and down the front steps. "Where are you running off to so fast, are you late for tea?" she laughed along with her minions, a disgusting annoying sound that lingered in my ears even after it had stopped. "Wow, your so funny, did you have to use all 3 of your brain cells to come up with that?" I questioned becoming more and more agitated with her insults. She was really quiet for a minute, unable to think of anything to say.

"I hear your fucking Patrick, slut." she spat back tilting her head to the side tauntingly. "He gets a new girl every few days. When he gets bored of you, he'll move on." she said from behind me, her shoes scraping loudly against the concrete steps. "Just shut up already" I groaned.

"I bet you fuck the whole gang, I bet they pass you around like a prostitute."

That was it.

I dropped my books and turned around, lunging at the girl and slamming her to the ground. The bell had rung and everyone was piling around in a circle to witness the fight. I punched her, hard. It made my already injured knuckles throb like hell but it felt so good to shut her up, so i did it again. I growled as I pounded my fist into her nose, listening as she screamed, trying to shield her face, trying to push me off.

After a while I felt a long arm hook around my waist yanking me off of the other girl to stop the brawl. Greta's friends rushed around her, helping her up and examining her injury's. I felt myself being hauled away before I could get free and grab her again.

"Hey, let me go" I screamed, kicking my feet around to trying to wiggle free out of the strong grip around my torso. "Calm down" Patrick's voice growled in my ear causing me to stop my thrashing. I hadn't realized I was so riled up until then, hungry to get my hands back on the girl.

Once he set me down next to the car I took a deep breath trying to calm my racing heartbeat as I stumbled on the uneven ground. "Ow" I gasped in pain as I moved my fingers, the wounds I had acquired from the mirror had split back open and blood trailed its way down my arm, getting on my clothing as well.

"I'm surprised she didn't kick your ass." He said raising my hand to his face to look at the abrasions in my skin. I grimaced as I felt his tongue met one of my wounds, licking the blood from the gash as his eyes darkened ever so slightly. Ignoring his odd behavior to avoid confrontation, I threw a look over his shoulder to Greta, who was crying in pain as blood gushed from her lip and nose. "She didn't get the chance" I replied with a shrug. "Yeah you got a few good hits in, didn't you?" He chuckled lowly.

"Well she sure as fuck won't pick on me now, will she?" I questioned, dusting dirt off the front of my clothing. A smirk spread across Patrick's face. "I doubt it" he said looking over once again at the battered girl who now had her friend holding a paper towel to her nose. What a baby.

"She'll be fine, her dad is a doctor isn't he?" I said with a shrug. "More like a pharmacist but close enough" he said taking my hand back to examine it once again. "I don't think any of your knuckles are broken, we can ice it later" he said nonchalantly, making it obvious that he got into fights often and knew how to treat his own lesions. I turned and shot Greta a smile followed by my middle finger. I may have been pulled off of her this time but if she thought I wouldn't hit her again next time she ran her mouth she had another thing coming.

Authors note: ⚠️ smut warning!!! The next chapter will be containing smut so please skip it if that makes you uncomfortable! Thank you!