1

'Your grace holds me now'

.

Kicks and Pricks

Beats of trance music pulsed through the background of the open field of football. The players ran through the field with one target, the football, the scoreboard had been constant for the last half an hour, the match was critical and everyone was on the edge of their seats as the red jersey's coursed through the field towards the goal, the goal keeper jumped up as the ball went in the air and into his hands, the crowd roared except for her, Ayat had never been more bored her entire life. 

But she had to sit through it all for the sake of her older brother Arsalan, who was a die hard football enthusiast, she figured he did it to quell his broodiness. She would have preferred an awesome game of cricket instead of football anytime. Their parents who could not let go of them had called at least twice since they came just to check up on them. Anaya was completely fine now that she was with her brother, Ahsan, although Ahsan had never missed a game he didn't think twice before ditching on this one for Anaya. She wondered what it felt like to be swept off your feet, to be in love. Her two friends beside her were much indulged in the game and were actually having fun.

"Goal!" Haya shrieked, almost tripping over the benches when she stood up, she cautiously gathered herself and sat back down. Ayat had physically jolted beside Haya.

"You wish me to die don't you," She spoke her hand on her chest, trying to get back the air in her lungs. "Rest it,"

"Watch the match Ayat, and if you don't like it why do you pretend that you love it," Haya asked. Ayat stirred in her seat trying to look for a response, why do you do things? 

"I don't want to hurt him I guess," Ayat spoke, "And if you think my brother doesn't know that I am pretending, you are mistaken, he is a freaking mind reader, he can tell,"

"Oh I know," Haya sighed dreamily looking at him, Arsalan, who was sweating profusely in the field, who had wiped his sweat with his blue jersey. Although right now her brother wiping sweat was not the most welcome sight, but she could tell why girls swooned on him, he was a handsome man.

"Haya, why do I think your intentions for my brother are questionable?" mischief glinted Ayat's black eyes, she had nudged Haya who had scowled while rubbing her arm.

"I am not the one to hide," Haya had matched her tone, she wasn't the kind of girl who would hide her crushes, she'd broadcast it in the entire campus, and still won't rest until everyone in the city knew the one boy she liked, who hadn't been constant for so long, they were known to be variable.

"I know, I know," Ayat had laughed, her friends were her pride and joy, obviously they were, she had known no other than Haya and Mirha who had quietly sat inspecting the ground, content covered her Bengali features. Ayat always thought her full lips and olive skin tone were to die for, but she was more conserved than her other friends, and hadn't much indulged in any kind of proposal from any guy that came her side.

"Do you all see that guy? The one with the man bun?" Mirha had spoken at last.

"You have got quiet the eye don't you, and we all thought you were counting the grass on field," Ayat joked. Mirha raised a brow.

"I am still a girl, I look, and I like what I am looking at," Mirha smirked. Ayat gasped.

"Look who is getting bold all of a sudden," Ayat said.

"This is going to your brothers and parents," Haya's laugh was evil, she had made a snap of her friend's conversation.

"Really?" Ayat smiled. "So you will tell Arsalan Bhai?"