9

'Trouble never looked so goddamn fine'

.

She had blushed

Ayat Mirza Hassan had only made one crush her entire 17 years of life, that was Aman Ahmed, but he turned out to be class A playboy, she would feel excited when he came at their house, since he was her khala's son, he would flirt with her here and there, and that convinced her somehow that he was interested in her, for she didn't know, he flirted with every girl, and he knew he could easily have fun with his cousin because she was naïve, she thought, whatever that was, was love, until she met Maaz,

 there was nothing mundane in the way he looked at her, or the way he said her name, or the way he held her eyes, nothing was mundane, and that's when she realized what she had with Maaz, she had ascended from mundane to something ethereal, all his dark talk was somewhere in a blur in her mind, she couldn't care less for it.

She knew infatuation could be a thing in her case, and she wanted to tell apart what she felt and if it was infatuation, but what they had was complex and worldly logic hardly defined it.

It had been three days since their last encounter, three days until she had heard his velvety voice ring in her ears, three days, until she had gotten lost in his eyes, three days since he had intoxicated her breath with the poison of his being, three days, since she had felt his heart beat erratic under her palm, three days, until he'd made her realize how every logic to defy him was bullshit, and she had believed it all against her better reason.

"I'd kneel before you," 

He hadn't contacted her since then, he hadn't approached her, she wondered what had happened, after everything he said and made her feel, he felt like a phantom in the wind.

"This grim reaper resembles Maaz's friend Shahzain," Haya laughed, as she sipped on her coke, lounging on Ayat's bed while they watched a horror movie. "Actually he is that rat that was going down the sewers moments ago, that shithead,"

Mirha physically groaned. "Can't we stop talking about Shahzain, "

"Until this goes away, I will keep talking about it alright," Haya replied referring to the bruise his unkind grasp had made on her hand, which was now turning purplish. "Did you know I had to lie to my mother than I fell down the stairs in college,"

"You really didn't have to tell him to shut up, what else did you expect from men like him?" Mirha replied.

"I wish he falls and gets a bolder bruise than this," Haya said.

"My ears are bleeding Haya, Shahzain, Shahzain, Shahzain," Mirha mimicked Haya. "You can't keep shut about Shahzain and Ayat won't tell us what Maaz said when he took her to the other room,"

"For the last time he didn't take advantage of me, nor did he force himself on me," Ayat piped in the conversation. 

"What the hell did he say then?" Haya turned to her, the screams in the movie going kind of a blur, their own lives  had turned into a horror movie. 

"His usual stuff," Ayat shrugged her shoulders, her cheeks turning bright pink. "You are mine and all,"

"Even the dark can't hide your blush, Ayat Mirza Hassan you better spill your guts, or I will find the dagger like the one in the movie and force the words out of your mouth," Haya threatened.

"Shahzain's rubbing off on you," Mirha laughed. Haya squinted at her, mouthing a shut up to her.

"What do you want me to tell you?" She asked.