10

'where ever you stray I follow'

.

The lion lost his dominance

Ayat booked a ride for herself and patiently waited for the uber to arrive, she had went to the mall to get a pair of heels for her upcoming farewell party, feeling satisfied on buying a beautiful stilettos with black straps, that she was going to be wearing with a long frock, she let herself marinate in the feeling of good clothes and shoes and taking in the beautiful sunset, her uber ride was 3 minutes away.

She was so thankful when a car came in her view, telling she could finally go back home. Ayat settled in the back seat and scrolled through her instagram feed. The car rode along a long and narrow alley, the sunset was beautiful, Ayat put down her phone to appreciate the nature. The car halted to a stop with a sudden break. Ayat looked down from the sky she was so immersed in and she realized they had went deep into that alley way, and as the grey sky was taking over the sun's glow, it made the place more shady than she'd like, a slurry of anxiety quaked her.

"Why did we stop?" She said looking worriedly around, there were broken pieces of glass and wooden shreds everywhere, ropes and what seemed like red, blood, was covering the ground.

"Something is wrong with the tire," The man said and got out of the car, in moments accompanying them, he came back.

"What happened?"

"I don't have an extra tire,"

As soon as the words left the driver's mouth she knew, something was wrong, she had seen enough true crime documentaries to know this kind of tactic.

"I think I can do something, if you unlock this," She spoke calmly, if she was careful she could get out of this situation. He looked back at her with a menacing glare, and made a innocent pout. 

"I can't find the lock button either," he started to laugh, blood dried in her veins listening to that horrific laugh.

"Let me out, I will complain..." She threatened.

"Not some stupid uber driver," He said completely changing his persona, she might have been too blind but she could see it now, he didn't even look normal, he seemed like a perfect pawn of some gangster.

Her mind bolted into frenzy, she could handle this, she could, but she didn't know how.

"I am not scared of you," She said. Fake it till you make it? it was the best time to test all the theories. Something should work.

"But you should be," He spoke. She didn't realized when he came in the back seat, it was the most stupidest time, but she did realize, this is what fear was, in it's raw form, not what Maaz made her feel, at least she'd die happily, she'd solved that mystery.

"Get away from me," She squeezed towards the window, trying to put distance between them.

As he toppled over her, with his disgusting smell over her body. She jacked back making an angle to blow a punch at him. He could have gotten a concussion if she had hit hard enough. But her attempts were failing miserably. She knew this would be bad now, she literally punched him and he was already over powering her. She wondered what would be the right time to start crying.

He clasped her wrist and twisted it in a painful manner, making her groan. A few tears trailed down her cheek. She tried to blow another punch when he slapped her, making her head hit on the window, as she was recovering from the initial shock, in the doozy her brain was an idea climbed up her conscious, she acted like she was feeble and in delirium whilst she was thinking perfectly.