2

'We are falling apart still we hold together, we've passed the end so we chase forever'

.

Unintentionally

It was only a bad chapter, a little inconvenience in her nearly perfect life, regardless of what she had told herself, she wondered in every silent moment what he had meant by 'you again', had they met before? and on what kind of vengeful planet did he live to say threats like 'you will pay for it one day', as if he was some kind of criminal mastermind prodigy who'd follow her around until he had evened it out with her. She didn't much take these things seriously, but there was this venomous gut feeling that told her not everything was unto notch with the man.

She thought she would forget it in a few days, but her mind replayed it over and over again and studied each and every detail of the incident. She felt too invested and she had extracted some conclusions from her deep analysis.

1. He didn't have those kind of intentions.

2. He had looked at the wall behind her before he had caught her wrist.

3. His eyes were filled with the arrogance of the world, too arrogant to even charm a girl, but she had been charmed which was contradicting.

4. It seemed like they had met before.

5. He believed in his heart that she was a stupid girl, which unsettled her much more than when he looked at her with those razor sharp eyes.

5. He will take revenge.

While her father took another dose of the daily politics he loved so dearly, she had zoned out again, and so early in the morning, she was so disappointed in herself, she needed to clear her head. She had been staring blankly towards the tv screen lost in her own swarm of thoughts. She decided to change the scenery and went to help her mother out in the kitchen.

"Your brother's up yet?" Her mother asked flipping the perfectly round paratha on the griddle, the kitchen smelled like Sunday, you woke up late, you ate full and you rested, perfect heaven, plus everyone was home.

"Still sleeping I guess," Although normally she would jump up and down on their beds for them to wake up, but normal had too exited her life, she was too zoned out to be back to her normal self.

"Ahsan had a new project at work and Arsalan was packing for going back to his academy, so they were up late," Sara answered. "Is there a good reason for well two things, one you aren't screaming on the top of your lungs to wake your brothers, and second, you are actually up early,"

"Nothing  special, just didn't feel like it," Ayat replied, taking out a few cups from the cabinet.

"I will take care of the mugs, would you please wake those sleepy heads up, it is well past their sleep time," her mother spoke. Ayat laughed for real. "Mom please stop treating us like two year olds, we are adults,"

"I am still your mother, now hurry along, your breakfast will be cold if you don't,"

She knocked on Ahsan's door but when he didn't reply in the first three knocks she burst into the room where her brother dearest slept disheveled. The speaker had lost charging he must have been listening to music and forgot to turn it off. It was his off today anyways.

"Wake up," 

He groaned in his sleep in reply and pushed his face inside the blankets. Now the bed looked very comfortable, and she contemplated lying beside her brother for a short nap counting her sleepless nights, but shrugged it off before she got too carried away.