Key to his Heart - Part 2 (F)

"No."

"But you didn't even listen to my request!" Shima whined to his best friend once home, perhaps an hour or so later after he had left the others.

"You didn't ask if I wanted to listen." His unwilling conversation partner, an aggravated brunet who had just wanted to play some games in peace hit pause on his game, already understanding that he would be the loser of this dispute in the end. Didn't mean he wouldn't give his friend a hard time along the way.

"Oh, sorry about that." The purple haired man nervously chuckled, scratching the back of his neck with as innocent of a look as he could pull off. "Will you listen-"

"No."

"Plleeaasseee. Ura, do it for me." Shima stepped closer to the other, taking his friend by the hands, causing the controller to fall in the process. "I already promised...so I need your help!"

"Alright alright, I'll listen." Urata sighed, stretching out on the couch he was sprawled out on before heaving himself to where he was sitting up and pat the seat beside him. Immediately his friend accepted the nice gesture.

It would probably be the only one granted to him for the night after this.

"So I uh..." Shima nervously coughed, suddenly regretted his previous decision. Perhaps he should have told Sakata he would have found him someone else? Ah screw it, he was already this far, might as well keep going! "I sort of, set you up on a date?"

As expected, the younger of the two was shoved off the couch almost immediately. "You did what? And without my permission?" More than angry, he was upset at the fact that he wasn't asked first so he could have denied it right away...which was probably why he wasn't consulted.

"Now before you hit me again-" Shima situated himself on the floor to where he faced his best friend. "Consider it maybe? The guy is very sweet, kind, caring, everything you try to pretend you're not, you tsun~" In return to his teasing, he was punched in the arm. "Okay, I deserved that one. If not for me, do it for Senra? He's his best friend."

Urata huffed, mildly irritated but also amused that the other would use their significant other against him. Ever since Shima had met Senra, he seemed so much more happier than he used to, not to mention that he and the blond got along really well too. He guessed...if this blind date he was set up with was friends with Senra, he could suffer just one date. "Fine."

At first, he had only registered the crossing of Urata's arms over his chest, and not the words that spilled out of his mouth so he began to panic, and filter through his brain more positives to his friend that could help his case. "Come on Ura! He's pretty cute too, a little naive though...a bit too much of an idiot...

"I already accepted. Or are you trying to get me to regret that already?" Urata heaved out a deep sigh, already regretting it, but knowing full well that it was too late to take it back now. "Do you at least have a picture of him or something? I'd like to know what to look for once I'm at this date thing...you didn't set that up either, did you?"

"Well I uh, I was going to decide the specifics after discussing with you." Shima admitted with a grin and rummaged through his pockets for his phone. "I'm sure I have something here of him..." He muttered softly, scrolling through his pictures, his grin growing as he spotted one of Senra and the redhead he was looking for. Senra and Sakata were both leaning together, brights smiles, giving the camera two peace signs each. He had completely forgotten he had taken this a month or so ago. Sakata had asked for a picture of the two of them, but for it to be taken specifically on the shorter man's phone. 'Friends should have pictures of their friends on their phones!' Was his reasoning. "Here."

Leaning over, Urata glanced at the picture for once a few seconds before muttering softly, "He looks like an idiot for sure." Once these words left his lips, he felt himself unable to look away from the screen. That red hair, those shimmering red eyes, that smile...There was just something about it that pulled at his heart in a way that nothing had ever before. Nothing drastic, nothing big, but something new and oddly frightening.

Sick, he was just getting sick. That was it, maybe he was allergic to idiots, and just seeing one in a photograph was enough to aggravate his sense.

Confused at first to why his friend was suddenly so quiet, Shima tilted his head to the side, trying to read the others' expressions. Well, at least he wasn't complaining loudly about his looks, so that was a start. "So, date wise, what should I tell him, and where-"

"Movies. Tomorrow." Without even thinking, the words spilled out of his mouth. It surprised both himself, and Shima beside him.

"The movies? An odd choice for a date, especially for you. Typically you take them out for dinner." Wide eyed, Shima stared at his best friend with awe and wonder. Just a minute ago, he hadn't even wanted to go in the first place.

"Well I uh.." Caught off guard, Urata attempted to come up with some sort of excuse. "He looks like the sort of person to like that." And one more excuse to top it off. "There was a romantic comedy movie I wanted to see, if he likes those or not, I don't care." Half of it was intuition.

Staarreee. Shima stared at Urata for a few seconds before shrugging and nodding his head. "Whatever works for you. I'll let him know." With that, he quickly pulled up Sakata's contact and messaged him the information.

'Hey Sakatan! You free tomorrow?'

'Eh? Tomorrow? I don't have classes, so I am but why?'

Seemed he must have forgotten about their conversation from earlier already. Shima chuckled and sent his reply. 'Your date! My friend agreed, and even decided on where you'll go~'

'Really? So nice ww. Where are we going?'

'Secret!'

'Ehhh. Mean! Maashi is mean!'

'Www trust me, you're love it. 10am tomorrow at the movie theater downtown, need me to text you directions?'

'Nope!~ Thank you again!'

'No problem~'

With that, their conversation ended and Shima put his phone away with a smile. The redheads' bright nature, even through texts was highly contagious.

"So...does this idiot have a name?" The brunet curiously questioned while rummaging around for his second controller he always had laying around for days just like this. Once it was found, he offered it over and once again patted the area on the couch beside him for Shima to join. This time, he wouldn't push him...hopefully.

"Sakata."

"Sakata..." Urata repeated back, testing the name out. It had a nice ring to it. But would he admit that out loud? Hell no.

"So...? Hopeful that he's your special someone?" Shima poked at him as he sat down. Probably a bad idea, for the now slightly more aggravated male was so close to shoving him once again. Self control...

"We both know that that is nonsense. I don't have one." Urata rolled his eyes, unpausing the game so he could quickly finish the round of his game and let the other join.

"But we know they do exist." Shima counter-argued, earning an irritated huff in return.

"Let me remind you of my past record with dates. They all ended horribly. One threw her drink at my face, one yelled at me for seeming uninterested...that one guy laughed at my height and he wouldn't even be able to stay for the date and still take me seriously." The tired brunet sent a solemn expression towards his friend and once more sighed. "What makes you think this will go any different?"

"Just, trust me." Shima urged, wearing a warm smile on his face that seemed to help Urata calm down.

"Sakata..." Once more, Urata tried out the name. 'I hope you're at least slightly different from the rest.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I promise they'll actually meet in the next part!