Bleeding Sakuras and Emerald Stars - 2 (A)

After taking both of the idiots home, Shima and Senra agreed to leave them both alone for a day or 2 before checking in on them. It sounded like an iffy idea at first, but it sounded even worse when they voiced their concerns aloud, if they were to hover over the 2 constantly.

If nothing got better within a day or so, they would intervene. The original week they said at first seemed too long of a time frame, given the situation.

Especially, given what each walked in on while entering their prospective houses after that space was given.

~~~~

During his day to himself, Urata spent it reminiscing old memories. Past lives. Past streams. Past outings he could have almost considered dates, if he wasn't such a coward to just confess his own feelings.

And now what? Sakata had feelings for another, leaving him in such a pathetic state. He hadn't even asked for the name of his crush. He was too afraid. Perhaps...if he asked, it could help him move on.

No. He knew how he was. If he knew, he'd hunt that man/woman down to the ends of the Earth and force them to swear on their life; on whatever they held dearest, not to break his heart. Knowing would just hurt himself further.

The more his mind wandered into dangerous territory, the more Urata felt his body shake with an uncomfortably familiar by now sensation, and found himself littering his home with more and more flowers that reminded him of his beloved.

Each and every sakura blossom that once made him smile with joy in remembrance of Sakata's pure smile brought knots to his stomach at the thought of his love tainted like these flowers.

He couldn't stand that. He couldn't let that beauty be tainted.

He wouldn't let Sakata see him weak and desperate like this. That man deserved to be happy...what happiness would he gain from someone filled with greed like himself?

Filled with thoughts like this, soon enough, the room he occupied was filled to the brim with the flowers he found himself growing more and more attune to.

"Sakata...I just wanted to...Why can't I just stop being stubborn and say that I love you?" Tears fell from the brunet's eyes as his body lay limp on the floor, exhausted from his thoughts and from everything. A rest would surely help him to put his thoughts together...wouldn't it?"

~~~~

After Shima had sent him home for the night, Sakata had passed out cold. He had hoped the next morning he would wake up as if everything was fine and back to normal once more.

Of course, that was just wishful thinking, wasn't it?

Instead, he had a sweet dream, one that as all dreams typically go, turned quickly into a nightmare.

'Hey! Wait for me!'

'Your legs are as slow as your brain.' A brunet grinned.

'Hey! That's rude!'

'Sakata, come on. You're too slow!' Shima called out, grinning widely. His purple locks of hair bristled in the wind, showing no sign of being as dull or dim as they were prior to this dream.

'We'll all be late at this rate if we don't hurry up.' Senra spoke from beside the others, scolding them, yet still smiling fondly. His blond hair still bright and vibrant like the sun in the background behind him.

But the brunet...who was he? He felt the name on the tip of his tongue, but where was it?

'Sakata, are you alright?' The person in question walked closer, and questioned.

With that, he woke up in a cold sweat.

"Urata." He whispered beneath his breath, calming himself with a palm to his fast paced heart that threatened to break out of his chest in panic.

He had forgotten Urata's name in his dream. He may be an idiot, but he remembered what Shima told him about the star tear disease before.

'In worse cases, memory loss.'

Was this the start of it? But he didn't want to forget Urata! He still had yet to figure out how to confess and- In the midst of his worrying, he felt more tears well up in his eyes, and yet again the star drops began to fall. Cupping his palms together, he held them out underneath the waterfall of tears, watching as they collected together, seemingly creating an even sadder melody as they clinked together before dissipating into his skin.

In any other scenario, seeing the color green; Urata's color, would fill him to the brim with joy. Yet now...he felt his heart breaking at such a thing.

And one phrase continuously played through his mind while watching this scene play out, not helping his stormy sea of emotions one bit.

'I'm sure whoever it is will love you very much Sakata.'

"Yes but...Do you love me?" He whispered softly, his voice barely picking up as he pulled his hands closer to his chest and continued to cry on as the day went by.

Would it be wrong of him to wish to forget? Wouldn't that just end his suffering fully?

~~~~

When Shima burst down Urata's door as per advice of Senra, he froze solid at what he was met with. By this point, every room in the house was overgrown with flora; dusted with bloodied pink flowers.

Terrifyingly beautiful.

"Uratan! Where are you!" The purple haired man called out, carefully making his way through the halls. He would feel bad if he stepped on more plants than absolutely necessary to reach his intended target.

Instead of a typical vocal answer, his ears were met with the faint sound of his leader coughing from what appeared to be his room. Nodding to himself, he pushed forward until he made it, gasping at exactly what he expected to see, but what still surprised him.

Urata huddled in a corner, his back resting against the wall and tiny red blotches painting his cheeks and shirt. "Urata what-"

"Take me to him." The eldest commanded, once again shocking the other enough to cause him to freeze in place.

"Huh?"

"I didn't stutter." Urata softly chuckled, groaning in pain in the process. "I give in. I don't accept death. I refuse to forget...and I won't let anyone else take him. Even if he likes someone else now, perhaps I'll feel better after confessing, you know? And...maybe somewhere in there...I still have a chance..." Or so he really hoped.

Shima blinked in shock, and immediately felt a sigh of relief wash through him. "Oh thank goodness. Because this will uh...probably need to happen sooner than later..." He nervously chuckled, scratching his cheek as he felt the other turn to glare towards him.

"Care to explain?"

"Well you see...You're not the only one with a disease that triggers with unrequited love...?" As he spoke this, Shima immediately covered his ears. Despite how frail the other may have seemed at the moment, he knew how angered and loud Urata could get when it came to a certain redhead.

"What?! Does he have Hanahaki too? Maashi, if Sakata is coughing up flowers at this very moment I swear I will-" Attempting to stand, Urata wobbled on his knees, leaning back on the wall once more for support. If the answer was yes, he would still be ready to strangle his close friend, and he would only feel slightly bad about it.

"No! Not hanahaki! Something else...how should I put this..." Placing a finger to his chin, he hummed and sighed. There just was no proper way other than to bring up the article he had shown the others before. Stepping closer to Urata, he pulled up the site and held his phone out, offering it to the other to scroll through.

Within seconds, the device was sprung back into the taller males hands. "Star tear disease...why the hell haven't I heard of this? Tsk." He growled at the mere idea of such a thing, only to feel his frustration slip away for a moment. "Sakata...he doesn't deserve this. Unrequited love? I'll punch whoever doesn't love him. Let me at them-"

Amused by his actions, Shima rolled his eyes while chuckling softly. "Guess you better get ready to punch yourself then." He muttered under his breath.

"Did you say something?" Urata questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope~ Nothing at all~ So! I take it you want to head over now? You think you'll be okay in your condition?" Shima rose his hands in the air in defense, just to raise them down as he questioned their next move.

"No, I want to go next Tuesday." Urata scoffed, rolling his own eyes. "Yes I want to go now." Trying his best to push forward, he pushed himself off the wall with his palms...only to find his knees still not yet strong enough to walk by themselves, threatening to send him face first into the floor if he took another step. "Fuck..."

"Hop on." Shima bent down in front of the struggling brunet and offered him to climb onto his back for a ride over to their friends house.

"No, absolutely not. Do you know how embarrassing that looks?" Urata quickly shook his head from side to side and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Do you want to get there sooner or later? I can just let you walk the way by yourself. But, instead I'm such a nice guy~" Shima taunted, grinning wider as the other visibly debated the idea on his face.

Urata sighed, finally caving in. "Fine. But I won't enjoy this. And we never speak of this again." While speaking, the elder climbed onto his back, wrapping his arms snug around Shima's neck.

"Too bad I can't take a picture myself~ I'd make it my wallpape-AHH URA LOOSEN YOUR ARMS, I'M JOKING, I PROMISE!!" Shima cried out as Urata started choking him with his arms.

"Just walk." Loosening his arms, he sighed and felt an attack of coughs hit him out of nowhere. He had been surprisingly fine throughout the duration of their conversation. Yet the moment he settled down again, it was like his body remembered the situation it was in, and felt an absolute need to produce more sakura petals from who knows where in his body.

How he wished this would just end soon...

~~~~

On the other side of things, as Senra knocked on Sakata's door, he was met with an entirely different mess he wasn't prepared for. No one could fully be prepared to handle Sakata in his depressed state.

"Uwa, Senra, I wasn't expecting you! Hmm..or at least, I'm going to assume that it's you." After opening the door, the shorter male smiled weakly and nervously laughed. "I can't seem to see color anymore." As if to prove his point, he grabbed his bangs between his fingers and lifted them into the air. "Grey. Dull..." He sighed and let the hair fall back into place. "I'm sorry for talking so much! Please, come in I-"

"Sakata." Senra cut in, his serious tone of voice enough to force the younger to close his mouth and stop moving. "Stop...please..."

"Senra, what do you mean-" He questioned absentmindedly, gasping when the other suddenly drew him into a hug.

"You're only hurting yourself with this...You both have been. I shouldn't have let Urata go home that night. I should have forced him to scream his feelings and let this all be done and over with. Now this all escalated and it's all my fault-" The blond felt tears threaten to escape from his own eyes. That is, until two warm hands cupped his cheeks, and he was met with the brightest smile Sakata could muster up.

"Don't blame yourself. You only did what you thought was right. You can't be blamed for that." Shaking his head, he let go and slapped Senra's cheeks; his own form of punishment. "I'm still okay, see?"

Senra bit his lip. "Sakata, if I ask you a question, can you answer me honestly?"

"Of course!" The redhead replied cheerfully.

"Do you love Uratan?"

At that moment, Senra felt a shiver run down his spine, and immediately his hand dove into his pocket for his phone as Sakata answered.

"Who is Urata?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There will be just 1 more part for this short story, I promise...will it be a happy ending? Sad? Who knows~ 

I really hope I'm doing the whole star tear AU justice, I've been rolling with my imagination and the little bit of information from that tweet a while back ww