I Love You as You Are (F)

This was requested by sakataaa (Hopefully it actually tags this time *sobs*)  The request was a hurt/comfort about Sakata being insecure. I was having trouble coming up with ideas until that drinking stream recently and I was like 'hey, I could work this into an idea.' So I hope this is okay even though it's a little short?' 

~~~~~~~~~~

For the past half hour, Urata had heard sighs from his lover and best friend. At first, they started off soft, and almost non existent, and he shrugged them off as nothing of importance and went on with his own daily routine. Yet as time rolled on, and Sakata increased in volume and the underlying sad tone behind the sighs, Urata could no longer concentrate and found himself slamming his phone down on his desk and leaving his office.

"Sakata what the hell are you-" Urata slammed open the door to their shared room, his mind only filling with even more questions as he saw what exactly it was the younger was doing. "What...are you doing exactly?"

Sakata was practically glued to the desk settled in a corner of the room with a small mirror in his hand and his face a mess of tears.

"Urraaaa." He cried out, laying the mirror down and practically launching himself up and out of his chair and into the older man's arms

"Disgusting, don't get your snot on me." Urata scoffed, though not once did he move to remove the sobbing mess from him, choosing to instead wrap his arms around him and pull him into an embrace. "Idiot, what did you do?"

"Why do you always assume that I did something!" Sakata whined, sniffling and resting his head on Urata's shoulder, content momentarily with the fact that he was given such a luxury. "You know how you promised that in the future, if our streams hit a certain number of views we would do more...camera streams?" While speaking, Sakata gently tapped on the other's chest to distract himself.

Confused, Urata nodded. "Yes, I did say that, but why would that bother you? Especially to this extent?" He had surely seen Sakata do some questionable things, but this was surely something, to him at least.

"But Ura! I can't do camera streams without makeup!" Sakata pulled away from their hug and continued to complain, reaching up to slap one palm down on his cheek and run the other through his hair. "I don't look good! And I'm nowhere near as confident as you or Maashi...I don't think I can do something like that!" Retracting away further, he wrapped his arms around himself and let his legs carry him backwards until he hit the edge of the bed and sat down.

"I just...can't..." Weakly, he continued to protest.

Surprised at this sudden outburst, Urata immediately did what he knew he had to, and walked forward, stopped in front of Sakata and took him by the cheeks with his hands and forced him to look up and meet eyes. "Who said you don't look good? Give me names, I will hunt them down and have them at your feet begging for mercy tomorrow morning." Urata swore with absolute determination, forcing a chuckle out of Sakata.

"No one said anything, I did...these are my own thoughts." Still, at the idea of such a...kind yet threatening gesture, Sakata placed his palms over Urata's smaller hands and sighed. "You can't exactly change my own thoughts Ura. I'm sorry for being negative when it comes to myself."

Huffing, growing more irritated, Urata bent down to the other's height. "I may not be able to, but I can fill your head with my own instead. Leave you no time to think about anything else. Sakata, I don't understand what the hell made you think that you aren't anything but attractive, but you are. So much so that it bothers me sometimes actually. Have you not seen when others look at you like you're a piece of art? Without makeup or anything else to glamour yourself with? I hate it, but others see what I see when they see you. Beauty."

"Ura...I-"

"Shut up. I wasn't finished yet. With makeup or not. You're my adorable idiot. End of discussion." And with that, Urata pulled Sakata into a kiss, a simple one, yet filled with emotion. Everything Sakata needed in the moment.

Once Urata pulled away, both of their faces were dusted in the same shade of pink, and both nervously fumbled with their words in their mind before deciding to speak at once.

"Sakata I-" / "Ura I-"

"You first." Urata motioned.

Nodding, the redhead cleared his throat and somehow, found it as if he was rejuvenated just from that little bit of contact and spoke more cheerfully. "Ura, thank you. I still can't agree with you...but! I- I think, I'll give it a try? Only if you're there that is! I think, as cheesy as it sounds, I can do anything as long as you're with me~"

Turning his head away, Urata hid away his nervousness and folded his arms over his chest. "Of course, idiot. Where else would I be? We share a home." That wasn't what Sakata had meant, but it was a close enough answer.

"Oh, one more thing. Ura?"

"What?"

"I love you~"

"...I love you too...idiot."

"But I'm your idiot~"