Just Choose Me - Part 1 (A)

This was requested by my cute little sister TypicalReader346 I'm splitting this into at least 2 parts? This first 1 is just pure angst without Ura explaining the plot, and then the second will be Angst/fluff and will be longer I promise- 
Editing this because I gave the random guy a name now finally. Not an utaite, just someone in my own life...
Also the name I gave this will be made known in the next part. Okay I'll stop talking now ^^

~~~~~~~~~

"Sakata, I don't love you anymore. We should break up."

As if these words literally slapped him in the face, Sakata took a step back away from the man standing in front of him. He clenched his fists tightly, bringing them up towards his chest defensively. It was a thing he often did when thrust into situations such as this where he wasn't sure what to do other than scream and question...

"Why? Did I do something wrong? I-I can fix it! Is it my personality? Something about how I look? Please!" The redhead begged, tears escaping his eyes as he tried to keep eye contact; though try as he might, he couldn't help but to turn his gaze towards the floor.

"Do you really want an answer?" The other male raised an eyebrow in questioning, smirking at every reaction he was pulling out of his boyfriend-no. Exboyfriend now.

"Yes! Please!" Sakata turned his head back up and pleaded.

"Well, let me see~ Your clinginess started to bug me after a while..."

Sakata felt as if he was suddenly stabbed in the heart.

"Do you really have no other emotion other than cheerful, overly happy and crybaby? It got old. Really fast."

Another stab. Sakata clutched his heart, grasping at the clothing above his heart in desperation.

"I'm starting to feel like I'm owning a giant puppy instead of having a partner. Oh well! I guess I'll have to try my luck with the next one. Better luck with the next one Sakata! Hope he doesn't mind keeping you on a leash, 'cause I surely did~"

Falling to his knees while watching the figure turn and leave, Sakata let the waterfall of tears he was holding in burst, ignoring most of the glances from random strangers passing by. It was rather odd/unfortunate for one to be dumped right in the middle of the street after getting asked out for what was meant to be a nice romantic walk through the city. Had he been thinking of this all day? All week? How long?

Sakata and his now ex, Lyx, had been dating for half a year, and things had been going along well. At least he had thought so. Perhaps it was only him who had such thoughts...and now he would never find out...They had been introduced at a drinking party one night meant for singers like him and his friends and they had hit it off right away after chatting a bit and spent the whole night simply talking.

Was it bad to say that Sakata still loved him?

Sighing deeply, Sakata picked himself up and off the ground and headed home for the night. He dove face first onto his bed once home and without hesitation accepted the call of sleep as soon as it was offered to him. He was desperate for at least some peace of mind.

~~~~

The next morning Sakata awoke to a phone call. One he was not expecting in the slightest, and felt as if he was going to burst into tears the moment he heard the other person's voice.

"Sakata? Date in the park. Maybe a walk through the city. You. Me. How does that sound?"

The redhead felt his breath hitch, and for a moment he was unable to word an answer. This was just like...No, this was exactly like the day before. What the heck? And now he was shaking.

"Sakata? You there?" The voice on the other side questioned with worry.

"Ah, yes! Sorry, I zoned out~ I'd love to!" What else was he to say? What if yesterday was all just a nightmare, and this was the real thing? He had to see for sure!

"Good. Meet me in an hour." With that, the call was dropped and once again Sakata was left alone to his thoughts. Sighing softly, he held the phone to his chest, decided against thinking any further, pulled himself together and got ready for the day.

~~~~

"Sakata, I don't love you anymore. We should break up."

Once more, these words rang throughout his head, slamming into Sakata as if they had the same momentum of a car. It couldn't have been- But he had heard these exact same things the day prior- Or was that a dream, and was this reality? Or vice versa? Either way, he didn't want to hear these words any longer.

"No!" Rather than listening to the rest, Sakata turned around, and frantically made his way back to his home, locking his doors and encasing himself beneath his many blankets on his bed. If he hid, if he just stayed put, nothing could hurt him anymore. This was all just a bad dream. Just a horrible dream that was messing with his fragile emotions. Very soon, he cried himself to sleep.

~~~~

Unfortunately for Sakata, this was not a dream, and no matter how many times he tried to run, or sleep away his problems, they continued to pop up. It wouldn't always be the exact same sequence of events, but it always ended with his heart getting torn after hearing the same line of words being spoken from that man's mouth.

Why was he forced into this endless cycle? How was he? How could he even think of breaking out? Who could he even ask for assistance?

Pulling up his list of contacts on his phone, Sakata scrolled through. One name in particular stood out to him more than any of the others, and without hesitation, he clicked the name and waited for the other side to stop ringing and the recipient to answer his call.

"Ura! I...I need your help..."