Chapter 1

"Jack WILL marry Corbyn. He's the grandson of my oldest friend. And I don't care what you have to say about it. I've made my decision. And as my son you should honour it", Robert Avery said in a loud voice.

"Yes Father", John Avery said sighing.
He looked at his wife and she looked back at him.

"You should listen to your father", she spoke to him.

"But..", he started.

"Come on", she said softly."He knows best".

John sighed again. Then went out of the room, glaring at his father one last time.

"Love, wait", his wife called out.

Then she turned to her father in law.

"Don't worry Dad" she said smiling at him."I'll handle this".

Robert Avery looked at his son's and daughter in law's retreating figures and knew that it was a hard decision. He had never been strict on his son. But his friend, Matthew Besson had a great family and he knew Jack was going to be happy.

Jack at the time was only five years old and had no idea what was happening. He only knew that his father was upset and he blamed it all on his grandfather. He hated him right now. But he was only a kid. Could you blame him? If he had been a little older. He would've understood differently and would've handled things in a different way.