13.Five Feet

Searching for a book in a foreign bookstore should have been easier considering that Jane could speak the language.

However she had no idea which book to she was looking for.

When she had organised her classes 5 years ago in preparation for teaching in Korea, it had been kindergarteners and children under the age of 10.

And the last time Jane checked, Jungkook was not a pre-adolescent.

No. He most definitely was not.

She'd called her parents in the middle of the day in a last ditch effort for lesson prep, before she realised she might be able to experiment using English novels. Jane spent an hour instructing her dad how to get into her old laptop and email her the teaching files from back then. At least if she couldn't find a book, she would have her old lesson she could adapt. Especially considering she didn't know how much English he actually knew.

With her music blaring in her ears, she was probably going to be deaf by 70, Jane searched the shelves. There were alot of international authors, alot whom she's read but nothing remotely appropriate as a study guide for a beginner. She'd been going for an hour. Book by book she checked the language, the phrasing, she must have been making dissatisfied noises because several customers either glared at her or shook their heads.

A familiar colour palate drew her eyes. Right in the bottom corner of a shelf.

"YES!" Jane froze when her hands touched the box set. She looked around her and found several faces staring at her. She bowed toward them, apologising as she lifted, tried to lift the box set. When she had it securely in her arms, the books were hardback, she walked away from the shelf, a smile fit for an Olympic athlete having won gold on her face.

Jane couldn't help as she wandered, even having found what she was after, perusing the shelves on her way to the counters. A habit that often resulted in her spending hours in second hand book stores. She did just this until that is, she found a section that housed Korean translations of English Novels.

A particular book had caught her eye, and she was about to pull it from the shelf when the music in her ears cut off momentarily. She shifted the box under one arm, balancing it in the dip of her waist and pulled her phone from her jacket pocket. She slide her thumb across the screen.

It was Namjoon.

Jane couldn't help the smile that fell to her lips

Jane couldn't help the smile that fell to her lips. Should she be this happy that he was asking?

Jane placed the box set on the floor between her feet, crouched, and took a picture.