15. Crush

Rules.

They are there for a reason.

To maintain an orderly society. To ensure a person behaves in a civilised manner befitting the society they live in. A representation of morality and accountability. 

Jane understood rules. She just had alot of them to remember.

She was BTS' Soulmate. albeit disguised and employed as their English Interpreter and Tutor, but still...

She was now a part of the Big Hit Family, and with that helping the company keep Bangtans' private life private. Especially now that it included her.

And after Saturday night with Namjoon...

It made her heart palpitate every time she thought about their ....Could she still call it a kiss even if their lips never actually touched?

Something had been started with Namjoon. Something easy and natural. She liked how that made her feel. 

And Jane had just spent the last hour with Big Hit's Security team going over security measures and both parties signing confidentiality forms - her publicist wanted it in writing that Jane's identity would not be exposed without her explicit permission. Rules both parties could live by if it meant maintaining the health and safety of everyone involved. 

In writing, rules meant parameters. It meant structure. It meant all those things she had spoken to Namjoon about. It meant control. And if Jane knew where the borders of this story were, then she would be able to control something in her life aside from her book. At least the parts she could see coming.

So if controlling herself, her behaviour, her words, meant Jane could continue seeing Namjoon, and speaking to Jimin and even whatever was going on between her and Taehyung - Jane was willing to do it.  

She probably should have asked for a list.

Big Hit had attached a schedule along with that email they had sent. So Jane had become aware of just how busy the next week was going to be. And with the Comeback being promoted in the  States - the idea that she was going to America for the first time was not lost on her - Jane didn't think that she was going to get much time with anyone for tutoring in the long run, so purchasing the book may have just been a eureka moment, especially if she could get her hands on English education material.

Jane set up the room that she'd been informed was to be where she tutored Jungkook, it was designated as a study room for the trainees that were still in school who worked in the company. She'd passed many of them in the halls that morning after her visit to Human Resources.

She'd had a busy morning.

The moment they saw her name tag and the words Bangtan Sonyeondan written on it they bowed to her.  The power of BTS. It was surreal. But she did wonder. If they knew the word  Soulmate followed the previous two words, how would they react? The prospect filled her with trepidation.

Jane stared at the table where she'd set up the material for Jungkook's first lesson. The scene elicited in her the same feeling she'd had in high school when she was a student tutor. It gave her an odd sense of pride. Jane was finally, regardless of the means of getting there, going to be fulfilling a dream she once had for herself. A dream she had being living vicariously through Liz for the past 5 years. It was a small dream in comparison to the one that she'd been working towards since then, but it made her giddy.

It was still too early for the lesson, but she was too antsy to just wait so she left the room. There also may have been a part of her that wanted to see certain faces again. Without a mask. Outside of a phone screen. And without her drunk filter on.