Hey Siri, What's The Doom Patrol?

05
Hey Siri, What's The Doom Patrol?
Doom Patrol Season One: Episode 6

Gar and Calvin sat side by side on the sofa. Cliff, a living robot man, and Larry stood over them.

"So, let me get this straight, you two know us but different versions of us? From a different dimension." Said Larry.

"Well I don't know you, but he does. He lives with you..." Calvin turned to Gar. "Right?" He asked.

"Yes, yup. Us and the Chief." Gar said with a nod.

"When you say 'us' you mean..."

"You, you too Cliff, Rita, Chief and me."

"So if you're from an alternate dimension, how did you get here?" Asked Larry, arms crossed.

Gar looked at Calvin.

Calvin cleared his throat. "I.. That's my fault. I can teleport, I guess? I thought it was more like from a random place to my bed but now it's alternate dimensions. This just keeps getting better." He ranted.

"Take a deep breath, kid, we'll work this out... Somehow." Said Larry.

"Doubt it. I've been trying to 'work this out' for days now and it seems like once I clean one mess, I find myself dropped in another shit storm, and would you please tell your robot bro over there to stop staring at me!" Calvin hissed, slinging his hand in Cliff's direction.

"I can't help it. We're all in the midst of dealing with our own shit and you two appear out of thin air adding on to the stress. This is so fucked up." Cliff said.

"Can we all just take a chill pill? Let's talk about this and see if we can help each other." Gar said as he stood up.

Larry looked at his stomach. "You're bleeding. Let's get you..."

"Oh I'm fine, this is nothing. All healed up, see?" Gar lifted his shirt to flash his unharmed skin.

Calvin gulped upon noticing Gar's abs. He cleared his throat and stood up as well. The boy took a step away from the couch and slammed his foot on the leg of the coffee table.

"Jesus," He hissed.

"Cal are you okay?" Gar asked.

"I'm good. I just... I need to clear my head. I'm going for a walk, if that's okay with you guys." He said, eyes falling on Larry and Cliff.

The robot man gave a spring-loaded shrug and walked away. Meanwhile, the man wrapped in bandages, struggled to respond.

"I... I guess." Larry said.

"I'll come with." Said Gar.

"Actually, I wanted to go alone." Calvin said with a quickness. He couldn't meet Gar's eyes as he rushed away. He practically left skid marks on the floor as he left.

Gar stared after him, dumbfounded. The overwhelming feeling that he did something wrong built up in him. He felt the weight in his chest.

"Gar, I could use your help, actually. Maybe we could piece this inter dimensional thing together?" Larry suggested.

Gar turned to him and forced a smile. Even in an alternate dimension Larry had his back. "Yeah, sure."

Calvin's heart pounded against his chest. He clenched his hands to fists. His fingernails dug into his palms.