It's All My Fault

17
It's All My Fault
Season One: Episode 10/11

When Calvin came to, there was a pulsing pain in the back of his head. He grunted as he sat up. He was in a bedroom, one that he didn't recognize.

For a moment, he was disoriented. Questioning why he was there and what happened. Why he felt a pulse in the back of his head. Why his entire body screamed for him to leave this place.

Then it came back to him.

He gasped and stumbled out of bed. Gar bursted into the room at the faintest hint of noise.

"Gar," Calvin breathed in relief. "Gar what happened? Kory tried to-"

"Kory tried to kill Rachel but Wonder Girl stopped her. She's gone, you're safe now." Gar explained quickly.

"Wonder G... Okay what did I miss? Is Rachel okay?" He asked.

Gar gently eased him back on the bed. "She's fine, a little shaken up but fine. How are you feeling? You hit your head pretty hard."

"I'm fine, I just... I think it's my fault. Maybe I did something wrong? I-I should've known better than to try and heal Kory's mind. Not when my powers keep changing and getting darker." He said.

He shook his head and stared at his hands. Like they could provide him an answer. Like they could offer him some reprieve.

Gar took his hand. He gave it a squeeze and brought Calvin's eyes to his. "It's not your fault." He said.

The door opened, giving way to Rachel and her mother. The sight of Kory's hand marks on Rachel's neck made him gasp. Calvin pushed himself up and met Rachel halfway for a hug.

They held each other tight. "I'm so sorry," He muttered.

"Don't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong." She assured him. They pulled apart slightly.

"She's right," Said Angela, "It's not your fault. Now, I'm gonna go make you guys something to eat." She said with a warm smile. Angela vanished down the hall.

Calvin swayed in Rachel's arms a bit. A dizzy spell overcame him. "Cal are you okay?" She asked. She grunted as she tried to keep him upright.

Gar quickly wrapped his arms around Calvin. Together, Gar and Rachel helped him to bed. Calvin groaned.

"I'm fine," He promised. He put his hand to the back of his head. When he retracted it, he could see a little blood on his fingers.

"No you're not," Rachel said. "You're bleeding."

"It's nothing, I'll be alright. I promise." He said to the worried teens.

Within an hour, Angela had prepared lunch. Gar helped him down the stairs. Even pulled a chair out for him.

The 3 of them sat at the table to bowls of vegetable soup. Calvin couldn't muster an appetite. The pain in his head made it hard to sit upright. The images in his mind made it even harder to stay present.

Gar was the only one that ate. He glanced at them both and sighed. He dropped his spoon. "You gotta eat," He said to them.

"I'm not hungry," Rachel said.

"I feel...nauseous." Calvin said. His stomach bubbled with dread as he looked down at the soup.

"Cal..."