Chapter 41: Xain

Chapter 41: Xain

            When I wake up, I just see a lone light. I’m tied up and sitting in the middle of a dark room. All I remember is being knocked out by some gas that Kain threw at me. I managed to knock off his mask, but his hood covered his true face. I try to wiggle out, but it’s no use. I’m tied to the chair and to the ground. I grunt in frustration as I pull on the ropes.

            “I would be still if I were you,” a voice comes from a speaker somewhere inside the dark room. I know it’s Kain’s. “You don’t want rope burns.”

            “What’s it matter to you?” I say into the darkness. “What do you want from me?”

            “I want you to suffer,” Kain answers. “I want you to sqffer as I have. I want you to know the pain of being alone in the world with no one around to help you. But to be fair, I want to give you a choice.”

            I laugh. “You want to give me a choice? Now that’s interesting.”

            “You can join with me and tell me all about the rebels and I can let you free, or you can die without ever seeing the light of day again.”

            “I guess I’ll take the death,” I spit out. “I would never betray my friends, and I would never join the likes of you.”

            There’s a jolt of electricity running through my body through my arms and legs. I barely am able to scream in pain because of the vast amount running through me. When it stops, I can only feel my heart-beat pound harder. Kain is probably expecting for me to be screaming, but instead, I laugh.

            “The ropes are a special blend,” Kain says to me. “They are able to conduct electricity, very useful for some cases.”

            “Must not be working,” I laugh out, “I’m still not persuaded to join you.”

            The jolt comes again, this one seeming to be a little stronger. “Don’t be arrogant, Xain,” Kain says while the current still runs through my body. “I still hold your life in my hands.”

            “Then…what…are…you…waiting for?” I struggle to say. The electicity finally cuts off.

            “I’m not simply going to just kill you,” Kain answers. “If I wanted you simply to be dead, then I would have killed you when we were in the town. I actually would rather show you your past before I end you. But then, I’m certain that you will be swayed to join me.”

            Before I can even say anything, a jolt hits me. It’s weaker, but still hurts and hinders me. It stops about ten seconds later and I realize I’m wet, probably from my own sweat.

            “Where am I?” I ask out of breath.

            “Where you and I were born,” Kain answers me. He hits a switch somewhere and the whole room lights up. I am in some form of research room. There are moniters and lab equipment everywhere. I look around as each one flickers to life.

            “Amazing, isn’t it?” Kain says from the hidden room. The door behind me opens and some one walks in. I know by the sound of the footsteps that it’s probably not Kain, and I’m right. It’s Vice.

            Vice is dressed in a tight, all black outfit with her blood red hair neatly put into place. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but she looks like a very beautiful young lady. I actually smile at her. Scary thing is she smiles back.