Breaking Through

Eeyyyyy!!! Since this book is actually successful, if any of you wanna join my discord here's a link!
https://discord.gg/QEvKSBR

There aren't many people in it cause its still pretty new, but I'd love for you to join and get to know some of the readers!!!! I checked the demographics the other day and some of you live in pretty cool places!!!!

Also, Happy belated Birthday Sabo!!!! (It was yesterday, March 20)

Annnndddd heads up, this chapter is super long. Alright, that's all I wanted to say!

Enjoy the chapter!!!!

***

The swift tapping of combat boots pacing a wooden surface echoed loudly throughout the empty cabin.

Gruff voices and cheers could be heard from above, voices booming out as they sung along crudely to a medley on the piano. The notes were light and merry, just as you'd think a pirate ship would be as the crew partied.

The pacing stopped as the sole pirate staying below deck looked up to the ceiling and glared through it to the boisterous pirates above.

"Tch. Loud morons," grumbled the man as his pacing began once more, just a tad faster, allowing his eyes focusing back on something only he could see.

He closed his eyes and grips his sweaty palms into fists, trying to keep grasp on the thing in his hold.

"Darned kid's to persistent," growled the man as he continued the eternal battle for control.

After about six full minutes of mind battling he finally heaved a sigh of relief. Placing his large tan hands on the edge of his cluttered desk, he shifted his weight onto them, letting the desk share his burden of weight.

He smiled darkly to himself, the candle on his desk illuminating his features to make them all the more malicious. He had won the fight once more.

In all honesty it wasn't difficult anymore. The kid had started losing grip on his real sanity long ago, which made controlling him all the easier. His "masters" wanted back their little project, and it was his job to do so. He wanted his freedom, and he was going to get it no matter what the costs.

He tugged roughly at the metal collar around his neck, knowing what would happen if he did accidentally lose even once. One slip up, and he'd never get the chance to be free again. More than that, he'd lose the chance to be captive again, too. Can't do nothing as a dead man.

The squeak and swing of a wooden door caught his attention. He turned and saw his first mate enter the candle lit cabin.

The man was large and burly, sleek blond hair sticking down to his skull with a dull shine of gel. He had a deep scar running from the centre of each cheek and crossing over the bridge of his crooked nose.