The Seas and the Storms

*When you forget the entire plot of your own book and have to skim through all the chapters to see what's going to happen next*

And that is why I should really storyboard this on sticky notes or something.

But no.

No I like suffering.

Enjoy the chapter!!

***

"Captain! We have new information!"

"Huh? Spit it out then," ordered the rough man.

The small info broker paled in comparison to that of his Captain, who stood at 10' 2. He shakly pulled a salute and stated his business.

"Sir! We have news from the ship that their next destination is Razkatoon Island. A summer Island to the South."

The Captain smirked cruelly, and looked to the South side of the ship.

"Navigator! Set a course for Razkatoon Island!" He shouted to upper deck, "We've got business there."

"Aye Aye Captain!" The call came from a brown haired girl who took the wheel.

The Captain walked briskly across the ship and into the main cabin. Now within the Captains Quarters, he sat down in a large chair behind his desk with a humph.

He sighed as he glanced wearily to the right corner of the room, which was shrouded in darkness.

"Come out, Riker. I know you're there," he called lazily.

A tall blond man slithered from the shadows, scarred face smiling.

"I see your still as sharp as ever, Cap."

The man behind the desk sent a hard glare at the blond, a low growl escaping his lips.

"Don't call me that," he snarled dangerously.

The first mate put his hands up in mock surrender, a sickening smile still on his closely shaven face. He put his hands down to his sides, and walked leisurely up to the desk, eying the captain slowly.

The much larger man in the chair had a dark beard, and wore a black pirate hat with a crimson feather, their personal skull and bones embroidered on the front. An emblem of fear.

"That darned brat is thinking too much again!" The gruff bearded man spat as he winced from the migraine that accompanied his ability. "Our little deal with that man didn't include harassing me!"

The first mate laughed haughtily as the captain struggled for control of a mind that was not his own.

"You did say he could use any method as long as he brought back the kid. Besides, we said we'd help him, its not like we can guarantee his part will get fulfilled," the blond commented casually, examining a scope he picked up from the desk.

The captain only scoffed as he sat with gritted teeth. This kid really was fighting hard to get rid of him. He could hear all of his thoughts, every doubt, every self loathing image that prodded the child's mind like an ice pick to a glacier, making him feel smaller and small with every passing day.

Yet he refused to give up. Simply denied the thought of giving in. The captain had never seen anyone with such a strong will to live and move forward. He wasn't even taking medication! Drugs always made things harder. It was all he could do to keep the child at bay and mess with his mind. He hardly had time to toy with the kid seeing how often he revoked the thought's he was given, even his own.