Stab

***Video for atmosphere so you can watch ""Stab"" with them. 😏😉 ***
------------------------------------------

Y/N stood in the kitchen, casually watching as a stove top popcorn began inflating; soft taps rasping against the tinfoil as the kernels heated up; a buttery scent wafting through the room.

In the living room, Billy was putting the movie on. She could hear the opening scene: a phone rang and a girl answered it. "Hello?"

"Hello?" Y/N stiffened uncomfortably. The man's voice in the movie was almost perfect.. he sounded almost exactly like the real thing.

"Yes?" The girl asked, the movie continuing.
"Who is this?" The man asked.

"Who are you trying to reach?"
"What number is this?"
"What number are you trying to reach?"

Each time the man spoke Y/N felt more and more uncomfortable. Trying to distract herself, she grabbed the handle of the popcorn and shook it gently. She could hear the phone ringing in the movie again.

It was getting yo her way more than she had anticipated.

Bringing her hands to her face, she placed them on her cheeks; exhaling a slow sigh to try and relieve some of the stress that had begun to brew in the pit of her stomach.

"Hello?" The girl answered again.
"I'm sorry I guess i dialed the wrong number."
"So why did you dial it again?"
"To apologize."
"You're forgiven. Bye now."
"Wait, don't hang up.~"

Y/N covered her eyes with her hands, her breathing starting to come in soft gasps. Her attempts at calming herself down weren't working.

The popcorn, large and long done by now began to burn.

"Hey, I smell burnt popcorn. Everything okay?" Billy was beside her suddenly. Startled, Y/N shrieked, jolting and quickly stepping away from the surprised Billy. "Whoa, whoa, what's wrong?" He asked, eyes wide as he looked at Y/N. He reached to the stove with a free hand and turned it off; moving the popcorn off the burner. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, Billy. I'm sorry. I.." Y/N murmured, a little embarrassed now that she'd been snapped back to reality. "I..um. I could hear the movie. It sounds intense.. I think it just, made me a little on edge." She lied, trying to play it off with a nervous laugh.

Billy stepped closer, looking Y/N in the eyes. His eyebrows raised slightly and the corners of his mouth turned up, giving a subtle smile.

"Hey.." he began, trying to be sincere.

" he began, trying to be sincere

"We don't have to watch it.. if it's too scary." His voice was soft.

Y/N could feel the heat rising in her face and her upset stomach turning to a butterfly feeling. Almost like when you go off a big drop from a rollercoaster. She was silent for a moment, her mouth opening and closing again before she finally stammered out words. "I-I.. it's.. it's not that, I just.." She tried, raising a hand to her face with embarrassment. Billy exhaled a breath of a laugh through his nose. "Then what is it?" He asked, his voice still soft.