Suspicion Part 2

"You see, I told you! Stu's been gone way too long. He's probably dead." Randy mumbled, still chewing his raisins obnoxiously. He gestured with his free hand towards the building. The three of them had sat in silence for some time. Billy lie back against the stone edge, toying with a dead leaf; examining it through the sunlight. He wasn't paying much attention to Randy.

Y/N stared quietly at the concrete. She was too uncomfortable to talk to Randy, especially because of his subject matter of choice and the insensitivity he and Stu often shared. Billy was normally easier to talk to, but today he was off. He had somewhat of an off-putting nature about him in general..but sometimes it was worse. This was one of those times.

Hesitantly, Y/N shift her gaze to the Loomis boy; watching as he silently twirled the orange leaf in his fingers. The sunlight illuminated it at certain angles. "Billy." She murmured, trying to keep her voice low enough that Randy wouldn't hear.

"It's been like ten minutes. Where the hell is he?" Randy continued, oblivious to the other two.

Billy shifted his dark eyes to Y/N, his expression stoic. "Hm?" The leaf still twirled unconsciously in his fingers. "Oh..um.. d-do.. do you think Stu's okay?" She asked defeatedly, her voice low.

Billy stared at Y/N for some time, the leaf ceasing it's movements as he slowly shifted up to get closer to her. "Y/N.. we're at school." He said, a bit of humor in his voice. The corner of his mouth shifted slightly with a smirk. "I'm sure he is fine. You're not letting Randy get to you, are you? He hasn't been gone that long." He added. "Besides, the killer would have to be real stupid to try and kill someone in broad daylight at a busy high school. Especially with all these cops hanging around." Although trying to reassure her, Y/N could feel something odd to his tone.

She brushed it off however, too embarrassed that she'd even asked the question to analyze Billy's tone of voice. In truth she'd only asked it to break her tension and fear about returning to class.

What she really wanted was to stay with her friends. She wanted to go to Stu's house and watch movies. She wanted to tell Billy what was on her mind.. but there were several more reasons she shouldn't tell him in her head than reasons to tell him.

What if it put everyone in danger because of her?
What if he didn't believe her? Ghost face had killed everyone else.. so why not her? It sounded made up. There's no way that he.. or anyone would believe that the killer attacked her and left. What made her so special that she were able to survive, while everyone else died?

"Yeah.. yeah you're right." She murmured with a sigh, shifting her gaze back to the ground. Billy stared at her silently for a bit before he sat up, leaning in a bit closer to her. His face was only inches from hers. "What's really bothering you?" He asked, his voice still low as he settled into the new position.

Y/N exhaled a soft breath; barely able to fake a soft laugh. "I'm fine. I'm just nervous about everything." She said. "I don't want anyone else getting hurt.. especially Stu or Randy.. or you." She added, shifting her gaze to look at the boy. Billy's dark eyes instantly greeted her. He had that expression she sometimes got; an intense..almost predatory stare; He said nothing, dissatisfied with her answer.