Chapter-33

Gustus was hobbling as quickly as he could without tearing his stitches, Klark scared him and he'd gained a healthy respect for the healing apprentices no matter how tiny. However, he had heard the clamor in the camp as torches were being lit and knew it meant Lexa had returned. Moving swiftly, if jerkily and awkwardly, he came round and saw Lexa and Klark clasping arms formally. As he got close, he saw Lexa drop Klark's arm before raising her own and the murmurs came to a stop. She raised her voice her arm still lifted.

"THE MOUNTAIN HAS FALLEN! VICTORY IS OURS!"

Joy and pride swelled up inside of him as the warriors began to roar their approval. Those that had slept through the commotion of Lexa arriving were jolting awake and joining in as soon as they realized what had happened. Lexa reached down, grabbing Klark's hand and raising their clasped hands over their heads as the roar of approval swelled.

Gustus let his head tilt back and he joined his voice with the others. It was a great and thunderous wave of sound. He was buoyed up on the great crescendo of cheers. Finally, Lexa lowered her and Klark's joined hands and waited for the sound to taper off. Once silence fell, Lexa opened her mouth and roared out her announcement.

"TONIGHT WE REST VICTORIOUS! TOMORROW WE FEAST!" She cried out and the crowd once more swelled with approval.

Gustus moved forward once more and saw the returning warriors from the mountain being slapped on the backs. He noticed the dark haired assassin of Klark's slipping from the celebration towards the healing tents. Finally, he made it to Lexa's side and he smiled, wide and proud. "Heda!" He bowed at the waist, ignoring the painful pulling of his stitches, just knowing he had to tell her how proud he was of her.

"Gustus," Lexa was splendid in her victory and clearly feeling the crowd in her veins. "You need not bow tonight friend."

He didn't know how to respond to that and just straightened. "Sha, Heda."

"Heda, the army is yours." Klark said formally, bringing Lexa's attention back to her.

Gustus felt warmth as he heard Klark briefing Lexa on the situation and what had been done in her absence. A look around him showed that the celebration had barely died down throughout the camp.

-DLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLDL-

Four Months ago:

Camilla swore loudly as she hit the ground from a hard kick to the gut. Glaring up, she saw the warrior Octavia standing above her, hand held out to help her up to her feet. It hurt her pride some but she accepted the hand. She wouldn't lose again. She hadn't been expecting the scrappy way the girl fought and had been pushed onto a wrong foot. It would not happen again though, she thought, as she hopped on the balls of her feet and adjusted her hold on her ax.

"Again." She ordered.

Octavia moved forward with a swift slash that Camilla caught along the haft of her ax. Twisting her ax, she swung the haft towards the girl's face while directing the other girl's sword downwards. She was forced to retract her lower hand as Octavia slid her sword down the haft of her ax, shoving in close. However, she was expecting it this time and clenched her suddenly loose hand and brought it across the girl's face in a brutal cross punch. Stumbling backwards, Octavia spat a mouthful of blood out while trying to bring her guard back up. Camilla had seen her opening though, dropping low under the next swing and only managing to stop her ax when its blade was centimeters from Octavia's open gut.