THIRTY-THREE

Thirty-Three

Maggie and Ethan left as soon as the sun hit the sky. Madeline could hear them from her warm bed. She pretended to sleep, tucked comfortably in Sebastian's arms. He was still snoozing. She had slept close to him long enough to know what his low even breaths against her shoulder meant. She took that moment to memorize the feeling of his embrace, his chest moving against her back, his lips grazing the nape of her neck. She watched the early morning push through the thin fabric of her curtains. She wanted to remember every single second of that beautiful quiet, where she was just a girl in bed with a boy who loved her more than anything.

"You smell so good," Sebastian mumbled into her hair, his voice heavy with sleep. He kissed her shoulder, his grip tightening around her middle. She smirked, knowing all too well she smelled only of laundry detergent at the point but refused to contradict his compliments.

"Do you want breakfast?" She asked him quietly.

"Depends," Sebastian teased. He pulled her to her back and moved his weight across her at light-speed. His smile was contagious, cheeky and beautiful. Madeline made a point to roll her eyes at his antics but loved the audacious way he moved around her body.

"Depends on what?"

"Depends on what you're offering," he whispered. Madeline's face flushed at his insinuation. His smile widened even further. He loved making her blush and he was so very good at it. She rolled her eyes again.

"I was going to make you pancakes but I'm not sure you deserve them," she sighed, tracing a line of freckles across the base of his throat.

"We can have pancakes after," Sebastian whispered. She had expected him to jump up at the thought of food. She hadn't expected his sexual appetite to outweigh the other. Her cheeks flushed with his words. She bit her lip, her body warming at his nearness.

"Have you ever..." she paused. "I haven't obviously."

"Have I ever what?" He teased.

"You know... have you ever been with someone?"

"Oh, that," Sebastian grinned. "Yes, I have... you know..." He thought her embarrassment funny, he always would. He loved the bashful way her eyes moved away from his. He loved that she didn't like to say certain words out loud. He found her whispering endearing.

"With who?" He was supposedly pining away for her for years. She couldn't make herself be upset about his sexual relationships but she was confused by them. Were there random girls in that dark place that he'd be excited to see, maybe even seek them out.

"Voids. They were there for frivolous situations such as the one I was in."

"What situation," Madeline couldn't' help but make a face. It didn't seem entirely proper, not that it needed to be. She tried to wrap her mind around his explanation.

"Oh no, Madsy. Are we about to have an argument?" He sighed heavily, his thumbs tracing down her pink cheeks, skimming the sharp corners of her pouting lips. He looked concerned for a moment, curious purple eyes watching hers intently.

"No," she shook her head. "I just don't know- did you love her?"

"Absolutely not," he assured her. "She didn't love me either. It was just one moment in an eternity."

"How long ago was it?" She couldn't stop asking questions. He was still watching her, his face serious. She fought the urge to sink into his touch, something that would be so easy to do, too easy.

"I was sixteen," he answered. Madeline had barely kissed a boy by sixteen. She felt silly and naïve. How many times had he visited the girl for another frivolous situation? She didn't let herself ask that question. She didn't really want to know.