Act 4

Your body went autopilot while driving. Your mind was replaying the events of the day. The meeting with the director and Assistant-chan, the change of plans and obviously the whole ordeal with Ichika. There was a lot to process about that. What does she think about you now? You called out her fake smile, and did not stop to press the issue, keeping her under constant attacks. Then there were the two biggest issue of them all. The single tear that fell from Ichika's eye and your sudden overwhelming feelings. You could not stop glancing over to the package Ichika gave you. Why does she want me to open it in private? What could be in that box? Getting home can't come soon enough. The past weeks must have been my favorite as of yet. Meeting Ichika, having fun on the shoot, giving her some extra lessons. Even the sun shines brighter. You arrived to your house fairly quickly, it certainly felt a lot longer than what the clock told you. After parking in your usual spot, you continue to think and gaze at the 'prize'. If I waited to get here I might as well do as she asked me. You grabbed your bags and got out of the car.

Getting up the escalator you felt the longing to unravel the mystery, but you successfully resisted. You walked to your door and unlocked it. You lived in the affluent part of the city, not a penthouse suite but it was pretty close to one. The neighborhood reflected your status with luxury stores and fancy clubs and restaurants. The neighbors included doctors, lawyers, businessmans of all type and their families, even some fellow celebrities lived here you heard.

Entering your apartment, you stepped straight into the genkan (The small Japanese entryway for your shoes and such) which you had a hard time getting accustomed to. You dropped of your bags onto the sofa in the living room and went to the huge windows of the skyscraper. Living just under the penthouse level you had a clear view of the city. Whenever you needed some time to think this was definitely the best way to do it. Every part of the day there was something to see. Mornings how the city wakes up, around Noon how it works, afternoon how people are scrambling to get home and at night there were those dazzling lights ever so shiny.

This never gets old. You continued your daydream just a little bit, your mind always returned to that package that was now laying on the couch. You decided to join it and you came crashing down onto the big leather couch. Finally, the time has come to reveal the gift. It was a small letter, and under the letter was the same fragrance you just shot an ad about. You could only chuckle at such a coincidence. Great minds do think alike... Let's see this note. You started reading. While opening the letter something fell out, but you were too engrossed in reading

"Dear [Y/N]!
I hope you enjoy this fragrance as much as I enjoyed working with you in this shooting, I really liked this scent on you, thought you should use it more. I hope we get to work together again in the future.
-Ichika"

I hope so too. As you put down the letter you saw the attachments that fell out. What could this be? You picked them up from the floor. They were all pictures from the shooting. One where you were getting your hair and makeup done by the stylists. Assistant-chan, how could you betray me, I trusted you like a sister. One where both you and Ichika was right in the middle of acting, one with the whole cast together but the last one stood out for you the most. It was the two of you laughing together while studying. You looked at it just a bit longer before putting it down onto the table in front of the couch. Well I should find a place for these but before that lets chat up our actress. You grabbed your phone and wrote a message to Ichika.

[Y/N]: Thanks for the gift they were really nice, I could never come up with something like this. Like seriously, giving the fragrance that the ad was about, just wow. Genius.

Ichika: Very funny [Y/N].

[Y/N]: Jokes aside it was pretty sweet. Thanks.

Ichika: (≧▽≦)
I will never understand such emojis.

[Y/N]: Yeah, those pictures made me remember something I have on my phone

[Y/N]: *You sent her a selfie where she was soundly napping on her notes, drooling just a little over them while you just smiled into the camera with a hand sign*

Ichika: OMG! This is so embarrassing (>0<;)! Please delete it.

[Y/N]: I was actually thinking about posting it for my followers to commemorate such a great shooting.

Ichika: Don't even think about it. You think Assistant-chan only took those photos? (~_~メ)

[Y/N]: Whatever you have it cannot beat this picture; you should try something better than that.

Ichika: Am I getting blackmailed? \(°o°)/
Okay before I get charged with something even worse, I should stop for now.

[Y/N]: I was just kidding don't worry. You certainly did not think that I would give the masses such a great picture? This is just our little secret.

Ichika: You are always confusing me [Y/N] you big bully! (╥﹏╥)

Well that sure was a nice distraction, seeing those pictures got me just a little embarrassed. Good thing I'm photogenic. God forbid I don't look my best, especially next to her...

You threw the phone down next to you and just collapsed down while staring at the ceiling. I stare and daydream too much. I should do something productive. You turned on some music on the TV and grabbed your laptop to spend some time on it. Great job [Y/N], talk about something productive. Obviously, you did not stop because this was the most productive you could get in your current state.

Two hours had passed before you woke up from a small nap to the sound of a new message. It was from the director.

"It seems like everything is in order, no need for retakes. The ad should be ready for the planned time. Good job once again." Well there goes that chance.

You stood up yawned which was more similar to a roar of a lion and picked up the perfume and the pictures from the table. Well I did say I would find a place for these. You went up the stairs to the mezzanine floor. On the floor you could go into your room, the wardrobe room, the bathroom or the guest room which was only used when your Mother visited you. You headed to the wardrobe room because there you had the shelf with all your fragrances. They ranged from designer brands to more luxurious and niche fragrances, some collectors' items from older batches and a couple of personal perfumes crafted just for [Y/N]. Nah, these won't cut it, I have something better in mind. You headed to your room.

Your kingdom. The place where you could truly be you. It was very elegant and mature, the dark colors helped to elevate the class. There was a bookshelf filled with various works from philosophers, doctors, entrepreneurs and leaders. Of course, you need a place to read, there was a more antique set of two leather armchairs and a matching sofa with dark green colors which went hand in hand the dark walnut color of the wood. Next to the bookshelf was a table with a computer. You did not have a lot of time for it, but sometimes you needed it when the laptop didn't cut it. To the right of the bed was the massive dressing table which you loved so much. You sat down in front of it.

Well this place is much more fitting. You put down the bottle to the edge of the table as decoration, the pictures you continued to stare at. Maybe I should get a photo album. After thinking for minutes, you put all but one picture into the drawer. The picture that stayed in your hand was the one where you were laughing with Ichika. You tucked that one into the mirror. Now this is much more like it!

***
Thanks for reading, we passed 100 views! If this act felt a bit dull, it was because this was the closure to the first arc. With the next act begins the new one! Please stay with me.