Act 16

After the ominous party you spent most of your time in your home. Thanks to what happened you now had a clearer mind. There was a lot to process, two things were on your mind mostly; The events with Ichika and the future. As much as you wanted to move on you simply could not, you laid in your bed looking at the ceiling. Got up to eat and then just continued to lay on your sofa, that's how most of your days passed. Your choices were almost endless but you still could not make up your mind, too many things haunted you. The night you shared with Yumiko and Ayame was more than great and helped you a lot but it was still something that sat on your conscience. In the past you could easily move on with your life do it again when you wanted to do so but now it was different. The choice should be simple then, just go back to working with Ichika, right? Quite the contrary, your ego suffered a massive blow, you don't know who really dealt the blow Ichika, Fuutarou or yourself but in the end, it did not matter, you were too stubborn to just go back after what happened so you ruled out that option. Something needed to happen that would make you go back. As you thought about this you heard a buzz from your door. Who could this be? The timing would be far too comical if its Ichika. The buzz got substituted by knocking.

"I'm coming I'm coming jeez." You walked to your door to open in. You were in your casual clothes, nothing to be ashamed of. You did not bother to look into the spyhole and just opened the door.

"Mr. [Y/N] Good Morning!" On the other side of the door stood Assistant-chan, who was your personal assistant now, with a radiant smile. You froze for a second because you had no idea why she was here now.
"That look... Don't tell me you forgot about our appointment! I'm hurt! This is still very uncharacteristic from you." The moment she said the word appointment you remembered everything. She came here so you could talk about the future with her as well. She was not your manager but just an executor of your will, you could not be bothered to deal with all the things so you just told her what to do. She was your only real ally currently and even if you bought her services with money, her adoration for you still secured her loyalty. Even if in the past she betrayed you in a joking manner. That picture of you was still embarrassing.

"No, no, how could I forget about a program with my precious Assistant-chan, come on in." She blushed a little but did as you told her. She nodded and walked into your apartment. She took of her shoes at the entrance.
"It's pretty hot in here, let me help you. You don't need to be so formal in my home, everything for comfort." She was shocked at first but she got relaxed pretty fast.

"Tha- Thank you..." She blushed heavily as you put up her suit next to your coat. You just smiled warmly. She was now in her long suit pants and a white dress shirt.

"Sit down on wherever you'd like, I suggest the sofa, it's pretty comfy." You walked into your kitchen and got two glasses.
"I've got Oolong tea, a bunch of Juices, Calpis, Pocari sweat and water. What can I get you?" She just sat rigidly on your sofa. The only way she could have sat with more respect if she saluted.

"No need, I'm not that thirsty." You saw her eyes gleam when she heard all the drinks available in your home but she still chose not to drink.

"No need to act so modest you know. You act like a middle schooler in the room of her crush. Just be casual." You picked out a Juice that you like, it was an orange and mango mix. You filled the two glasses and brought it into the living room. You put it down onto the table and you sat down in the armchair next to the sofa. Assistant-chan was hesitant at first but she took a deep breath and drank from the juice. Like a magical potion it seemed to help her and she immediately got relaxed and much more casual.

"Thank you, it's very tasty."

"Right? I love it. So, how's been the past weeks treating you?" She smiled at your question.