Act 11

A couple of weeks passed since the project was started. You and Ichika already had some small adverts and photoshoots and the series cameo was on the horizon. The relationship between the two of you was stable, it shown no big signs of changes compared to the state it was before the party. Ichika acted completely friendly and casual around you, you on the other hand always had this strange feeling, those memories just felt too real. Did it happen? Why isn't she showing any change? You had to shake these thoughts off, the work in front of you was great. You knew that if it was true and your dad was behind the project, everything would go on maximum efficiency, it was his specialty after all. You didn't know if he was still actually following your development or just looked at your numbers. Maybe it's better if I don't know... The sound of the lift arriving woke you up from your slumber. These leather couches are great. Ichika and Oda arrived, it was time for the evaluation of the past weeks and a review of what's coming next. This was pretty new for you too, usually before you could review your own numbers or at least you would be alone. This made you realize something else as well, this is your first time on a project of such scale and its manager is your Dad of all people. Hearing Ichika's melodic voice did help raise your spirit.

"Hello [Y/N]!" She also sent you a very lady-like wave.

"Good Morning [L/N]." Once again Oda greeted you with the amount of enthusiasm that could rival a sloth.

"Good morning, hope you are not too worried about this. There is no need, I'm preeeety sure our numbers are more than good." You smiled at the pair. Ichika and Oda had no time to sit down, the secretary already called for you.

"Thank you for arriving on time, Mr. Aki is ready for the meeting, you can go in now." She obviously winked at you; she could not skip that. You brushed it aside and sat down in your designated seat confidently. Ichika gracefully sat down next to you and Oda stood behind her. Aki on the other end rested his elbows on the table his fingers interlocked in front of his face, like a typical villain.

"How would you rate the past weeks?" His tone was serious, he didn't even flinch.

"Great, now would you drop the act, what did I tell you last time? Leave the acting to us." You fully leaned back in your chair; you were almost in a horizontal position.

"Why you must ruin my fun every time [Y/N]? Couldn't you have waited just a little longer? I'm sure we would have gotten some cute reactions out of our friends." He too switched to a more comfortable position.

"Come on, Oda would have taken over." You looked at the producer who appears to have mixed feelings. Wait was he also scared? You have to be kidding me...

"[Y/N] is right, the two of you even gone over the projected number, even if only by a little. Don't worry, it's not that you could have done better, these were Mr. [L/N]'s numbers, the pitch was not in your favor to say the least. He's very precise."

"Do we get head pats now or what?" You just fooled around with Aki.

"Patience my dear [Y/N]. I know you are already interested in why you had come here again this early and I will tell you. You already know what's before you, so I won't really go into detail, but I have to tell you the request of the project management. Now you don't need to follow it, but we highly ask you to do so." He kind of dropped anything authoritative in his character and rather told you this in a very friendly way. He was really Uncle Aki. This surprised you and made you switch into a more attentive state.

"Did something serious happen?" You were even kind of worried.

"No no no, don't worry [Y/N], you actually gave me the cutest reaction. Now, I'm not here to tease you. The truth is we'd like if you and Ichika spent some time together besides work. Obviously, this does not mean anything romantic, just be around each other, being together with common friends is more than enough for us. Think of it as team-building. Spending time with each other would be most beneficial to your acting together, you would understand each other on a different level. Your chemistry is already good, but here we strive for perfection. I hope you understand our reasoning." He smiled just like an uncle.