Act 17

The past days were busy, you had a lot of phone calls. You were taking care of all the details. You were pacing up and down in the house. The day almost fully passed when you finished your last chore for the day. You sat in your chair and as you exhaled the air you saw your phone on the table. There was a promise. A promise you made for Assistant-chan. A promise you made for yourself. A promise you owed to someone. The room that was silent got filled with the imaginary sound of a clocktower. Heavy ticks and tocks as you eyed your phone.

It was the final day of the school festival, the last event was coming near, the great bonfire. It was a big event for all the students involved but for the quints there was also something else. Tonight, is the night when Fuutarou finally makes his choice. He said many things in the past days; that he loved each of them, that he would choose no one but he too made a promise, a promise that he would give a final answer. The quints all had a designated place they would go to but before they had a final meeting, as sisters. They wanted to calm each other down as much as they wanted to get calmed themselves. Hugs and words of encouragement were all present. Nino wanted to have a final word with Ichika so they went aside.

"What is it Nino?" Ichika asked with a weak smile.

"Are you all right Ichika? Do you really want to be here? You don't have to just because of us, we know how you are feeling. You can't console us if you yourself need it the most." Nino was truly worried for her.

"I... I am fine! It didn't happen yesterday. You don't need to worry for me, the night will be hard without it." She smiled; the smile was faker than ever.

"Are you sure? We all know that Fuutarou is going to choose you. He's been feeling guilty ever since the events with [Y/N] he thinks that this is the only way to make up for what happened." Ichika too felt a little bit of guilt because of her sisters feelings. They genuinely like Fuutarou and because of the events she feels like she robbed Fuutarou from them. Unbeknownst to her there was a lot more behind the scenes. He certainly would not choose her just because he wants to make up for what happened.

"Don't be so sure, he would definitely not call us here if it would be this simple. That would be just plain cruel. Let's go, we'll be late." She did not wait Nino's answer and started to walk to her place. Her phone rang and she took it out, when she saw the name however, she froze in place. The phone just simply read: [Y/N]

Why would he call now? What is going on? She hesitated to pick up the phone, she had absolutely no idea what the actor would like to talk about. The timing was also terrible, she was just on her way to her place after all that happened, she was ready to support her sisters, but this made things a lot harder. She hesitated and hesitated, she picked it up in the last second.

"...Yes?" With weak voice she talked into the phone.

"Ohh, you actually picked it up, honestly I did not expect you to. I would not be angry if that was the case. You have some time?" You were looking at some of your clothes on the bed.

"I can talk." She tried to showcase some confidence.

"I appreciate the sentiment but you won't need to, just listen to me. I wanted to tell you in person but both of us are very important and busy, so I'll be quick even on the phone. First of all, sorry that I acted the way I did, I should have reacted to your calls and messages, but I didn't, not why I wanted to call now though. The thing is Ichika, I am moving back abroad for an indefinite amount of time. It is the only rational choice; I've spent the last days thinking and believed that this is the best for the both of us." You did not really expect an answer and you did not really get one, there was silence, just silence. Ichika tried to say something but you cut in front.