Act 13

"Excuse me, who are you and what business do you have in the room of my daughters." Said a male voice from behind. You could tell that he was calculating and professional, if it would been a little deeper even you would have gotten a heart attack. The characteristics reminded you of one specific man.

You have to be fucking kidding me. They did say that this was a family trip so it only makes sense that he's here. But truth be told I'd rather meet him under different circumstances. Wonder if my charms work on him? Doubtful. This voice though... Could it really be?

"Doctor?" You turned around to face the dad of the quints. Through Maruo's stone face, the emotion of a smaller surprise was portrayed, his eyes widened just a little.

"[Y/N]?" It seems like he recognized you too. It made things just a little bit easier.

"HUUH?!" The quints were more surprised now than they were when you showed up. The two of you paid little attention to the quints.

"Wait a second Doc, you said daughters just now." You laughed at the thought.
"You really are their father?"

"Yes, I see no point to make such a joke." Grim as ever.

"How are things at the clinic?" You stroke up a casual conversation, another gift from Lady Luck. What were the chances that their Dad is the Doc of all people?

"It's calm thankfully, please be sure to tell Mr. [L/N] that just because he's rich he cannot just buy health. He still needs regular checkups. I can still see his records you know." His face returned to a much calmer state than it was before, at least he did not wish pain upon you.

"Could you include us too?" One of the Itsuki's spoke up.

"They do deserve an explanation; would you be so kind [Y/N]?" He gave you the chance to explain.

"Your father was a private doctor of the company a long time ago, he worked with us until he got the position he's now in from the clinic. After that he kind of stayed as the family's personal doctor, but we did not bother him much. He helped me when I got very sick a long time ago, I was here with Dad. He also helped me get some necessary medical examinations when I moved here. I never expected him to be your dad, no offense but he did not seem the type." The quints just looked at you trying to understand the situation. It was most unexpected. The [L/N] family seemed like an octopus, their tentacles reaching everywhere. It seemed like no matter what situation you found yourself in, you had a connection. One of the positive sides of being born into such a family.

"Something like that." You got an affirmation from Maruo.
"But you still did not answer the second part of my question. Did you have some business with Ichika perhaps?" Maruo even if he did not completely agree with Ichika's choice, followed her work.

"No, honestly this is all just one big coincidence. I just came here because the girls were a bit loud. My room is in the neighborhood, so I came to have a little chat with whoever was making the sounds. I would not bother Ichika with anything, especially something related to business, she said this is a family vacation, and I respect that." Maruo seemed skeptical, but he accepted your answer.
"With that being said, I already bothered you enough. I'll let you enjoy the family trip."

"I don't think you are bothering them. We were finished with the family programs." His words surprised you. He seemed a lot stricter than he actually was with you now.

"What's different now? You said something about spending family time together not long ago." The Itsuki that you think was Miku spoke up.

"We were in the middle of a family program, and he seemed to be with his family too, I know [Y/N]'s situation, I doubt he has a family with him now." What a change of character Doc.