Act 10

In the room there was no light. You slept peacefully under the thick blankets and between two comfortable pillows. You started to move around more and more when you came close to waking up. Ten minutes passed when you crawled out of bed with a small headache.

Was what happened yesterday all a dream? No that can be right, I clearly remember going to the party, but everything after we left with Ichika and Assistant-chan is a mess. I don't even remember how I got home. And why does my head hurt? You grabbed your phone to check your messages. Obviously, you checked your album first to find some pictures maybe that can serve as proof.

Okay the party did happen, that doesn't really help out, and I obviously didn't take any pictures when we kissed, but still it all feels like a dream. Did the adrenaline do this to me? Am I really this pitiful that I lose my cool this much because of a kiss? But what if it indeed was a dream? Where is the border between reality and fantasy?

The rest of the morning passed by, with these thoughts haunting you. You ran over all the possibilities in your head countless of times. You took a shower while contemplating the scenarios and brushed your teeth while thinking about the outcomes. You sat down to have some typical breakfast. You turned on some music to ease your mind but it did not help much.

The easiest way is to ask Ichika who was there with me from beginning to the end, but I don't want to look like a lunatic who doesn't remember what happened yesterday, that's not very cool. Let's see, if I recall correctly, there is this conception here that what happens at a Nomikai stays at that Nomikai, I think Aki is the embodiment of this. The best thing to do here is to act as casual as possible like nothing happened. Maybe Ichika will expect me to follow up my actions, but I can only hope that she would at least show some hints. The second alarm that you 'set up' while in your lucid state got you back to earth. It was time for your after-party meeting to decide if you'll go forward with the 'Power Couple' project. Yesterday, it seemed like you agreed on doing this, but a confirmation won't hurt. You figured that doing it before the meeting will be most beneficial. You grabbed your necessities and headed for the garage. There you saw your heroic steed awaiting its master. You took a minute to enjoy the seats, and then several minutes passed when you looked to your right and all the thoughts returned in flashbacks. You shook it off and started the engine. The music you put in was only for BGM, you wanted to enjoy the sounds of your car now. You could have gone full silent, but some background music is necessary or it feels very serious in the car. You rolled out of the garage and headed for the office.

You parked your car and headed for the elevator; you didn't need the help of the desk clerk now. While in the lift, you listened to the relaxing tunes of the elevator. I just hope I don't need to spend a lot of time with that witch of a woman. Aki hired her for a reason, but as you said before: You'd prefer not to. It's not like you don't prefer but you like not doing it more. The elevator opened, and it seemed like Lady Luck was still on your side. Ichika and Oda arrived earlier than you. You could see some resentment in the eyes of the witch. Deep down she did expect you to be earlier than them, maybe if not for you morning episode you would have gotten here earlier. But this was the moment of truth! The first reaction of Ichika to your arrival would give you your answer.

"Good Morning everyone." You calmly entered and sat down.

"Good morning Mr. [L/N]!" The witch was first to greet you.

"Good morning [L/N]." Oda greeted you too, though with less enthusiasm. It was expected. Ichika waited until she met your eye, it wasn't a long wait, it was like she knew you would be wanting to hear her first words. Maybe she even had a small devilish smile just for a fraction of a second, but you couldn't trust your mind, not after what happened in the morning.

"Morning [Y/N], slept well?" She almost sang that one. She had a nice smile and a natural blush on her cheek. Just as you expected! No clear evidence at all. This can be for a variety of reasons. Now then, maybe this will indeed stay a mystery of the Nomikai.

"You can say that again." You felt home, so you poured yourself a glass of water and drank it all up.

"Mr. [L/N] you could have asked me, it's my job." You tried to pay no attention to the secretary, she was growing agitated. What a hard prey you are...

"Had a hard time sleeping?" Ichika still smiled warmly.

"My wake-up was all kinds of chaotic." You massaged your face to pump some blood in it.

"Mr. Aki is ready for you now." All of you stood up.

"Tell me about it sometime." Ichika said to you while you got up.

"I'd love to." You replied to her while walking to the conference room. The secretary closed the door and you waited a little before starting the conversation.

"How the hell did you get home yesterday?" Right into the middle.

"Good morning to you too, but I think the question is more important than manners considering the state I was in. Well I will answer. I think our friends here already know my unprofessional side, so I might as well go all the way." He started smiling, you laughed and sat down.

"Now, after you left, I helped some of our hard-working ladies get to safety to some motels near the restaurant, after making sure they were safe and sound I needed a ride home." He laid back in his chair.

"Tell me you didn't drive." You facepalmed.

"Of course not, I'm not an idiot. I got a lift."

"The great Aki called a taxi?" You looked up in confusion.

"You are making fun of me [Y/N] aren't you? I didn't call a mere taxi; I called my good friend Kuro to give me a ride home. She was actually finishing up in the bar, so she had the time. You know I'm a VIP." He had a different kind of smugish grin.

"You old motherfucker..." You looked at the ground.

"Hey now! They are not mothers. I think? Not yet? I hope?" You could only laugh at Aki.

"Now, but I know you didn't come here just to hear my stories, so let's get straight to the point." You knew it was time. You looked at Ichika one more time. You saw Oda's eyes looking at Ichika, awaiting her answer, maybe he didn't know yet. She looked into your eyes; silent seconds ensued. Then she gave you a nod. You accepted her gesture and returned it.

"We are both ready to move on with the project." You turned serious.

"Hmph... Excellent. Do you want me to tell the news to Mr. [L/N]?"

"Dad already knew our answer before he told anyone of this project. Do you think he would have even talked about this without being sure of it? Not to mention about all that money and plans the company already made. Just do your report as he expects, it's not like we can surprise him." You stood up from your chair.
"We are done here right?"

"Indeed, we will give you all the details for the next shootings, interviews and events that are to come, together with the movie scripts. As I said expect this to be a buildup, so first 'cameo' appearances in well-known series, then side characters in movies and then your own movies. Obviously, there will be a lot of ad shooting in the meanwhile, also high possibility of voice acting, and from voice acting can come some music. That is for the future to decide."

"No need to act, leave that to us, you just don't know all the things Dad has in store for us." You laughed and so did, Aki.

"Well Mr. [L/N] is quite the character, you know what he wants you to know or what you need to know in order to do your job. Here I only had to tell you what to expect, not tell you your whole career, but I doubt even he knows that, this business is most foul."

"Indeed, you can never know what happens." You looked down at Ichika and gave her a smile.

"Now then, I shall take my leave, I have some chores to tend to. I will be surely looking forward to working with you, Ichika." You took a humble bow and tipped your imaginary hat. You waltzed out of the room and into the elevator. The real deal begins.