Chapter Five: How About a Dance?

It was a bright Sunday morning, and you were setting up the surfboard display outside the shoppe. The shoppe was closed on Sundays, but Cooper let you rearrange the surfboards while he went from the grocery store.

You spotted someone walking towards the shoppe out of the corner of your eye. As they got closer, you saw that it was Alan. You panicked for a split second before remembering that Cooper was at the grocery store.

As Alan got closer to you, you smiled at him and said, "Well look who it is, Alan Frog himself."

"The one and only," he responded, smiling back at you.

You told him, "You're lucky Cooper isn't here right now. If he saw you he might actually try to stake you through the heart."

"That's a risk I'm willing to take," Alan responded.

You smiled at him again before asking, "Well in that case, what can I help you with?"

Alan pulled something out of his back pocket and held it up to you. It was a Flash comic, "The newest Flash came in today. I figured that I'd deliver it to you so you don't have to try to sneak over to the boardwalk."

Alan carefully handed the comic to you. You were at a loss for what to say. You couldn't believe that Alan had walked all the way over here just to give you a comic that you liked.

Finally, you said, "Thank you so much, Alan. That's very sweet."

Alan shrugged, "It's no problem."

"No really, this is so nice of you," You said before asking, "How much do I owe you?"

Alan shook his head, "You really don't have to worry about that."

"Is Edgar okay with you giving away products?" You asked.

"Trust me, Edgar's perfectly fine with you getting free comics," he reassured you, "Consider it a thank you from him for teaching him to dance."

You giggled a little before asking, "He told you about that, huh?"

"He did," Alan responded, "You should be pretty proud of that. I haven't seen Edgar dance once in his entire life."

"I guess I'm some kind of miracle worker then," you joked.

"You really are," Alan said, "You know, I actually wouldn't mind learning a few moves myself."

You raised an eyebrow at him, a little surprised, and asked, "You want me to teach you how to dance?"

Alan shrugged and smirked at you, "I mean, if you're up for the challenge."

You smirked back at him before saying, "I think I can handle it."

You walked over to the radio Cooper kept outside the shoppe and placed the comic down next to it before turning it on. A song started playing in Spanish and you turned back to Alan and asked him, "You willing to learn how to Salsa dance?"

"Sounds good to me," Alan said.

You walked back over to Alan and grabbed his hands. You moved Alan's left arm and moved it so his hand was behind your shoulder blade. As you did this, you explained to him, "Okay so your arm is going to go here, and my arm is going to go on top of yours."

You rested your hand on the top of his shoulder as Alan nodded. You then raised up you and Alan's conjoined right hands and held them up as you said, "And then our hands are just going to stay here."

"Got it," Alan said.

You then continued with your instructions by explaining, "So for the footwork, it's actually pretty simple. When my foot goes forward, your foot goes backwards, and you have to sway your hips a little bit when you move your feet. Got it?"