Chapter Eight: Your Two Fearless Protectors

You woke up early that morning and quickly got ready before heading over to the boardwalk. Before heading out the door, you left a note for Cooper that read:

I went to go get some stuff at the grocery store. I might check out the beach while I'm out. Be back soon.
-y/n

You practically ran over to the comic store, wanting to talk over everything with the Frog Brothers and, admittedly eager to see them again. You made pretty good time getting to the store. In fact, Alan and Edgar were just opening up when you got there.

Alan was pushing the doors opening, but froze when he saw you. You smiled and waved at him, "Hi Alan."

"Y/n!" Alan said as he ran towards you and hugged you.

You gladly accepted the hug that lasted for a few moments. When Alan pulled away, he still kept your arms around you as he asked, "Did you make it here okay?"

"Yeah, I got here perfectly fine. No problems," you reassured him.

You heard Edgar's voice call from inside say, "Alan! Move your ass-"

Edgar came through the door frame of the store. A smile broke out on his face when he saw you and said, "Y/n, you're here!"

"Hey Eddie!" You said as you pulled away from Alan to walk over to his brother.

When you got close enough to Edgar, he picked up your hand and spun you around towards him. You giggled when he did this. He then wrapped his arms around you and gave you a hug.

"Are you doing?" He asked you, pulling away slightly.

"I'm doing okay," you told him, "Better than last night."

"That's good," Edgar said as he began to lead you into the store, "Right this way. We can finish our conversation from last night."

You let Edgar lead you into the store with his hand on your back. Alan finished pushing the doors open before following the two of you. You guys ended up back at the counter and Edgar pulled out the spinny chair for you to sit down on.

"Did your brother question you at all this morning?" Edgar asked you.

You told him, "No, he was still asleep when I left."

"Did you get any more unexpected visitors last night?" Alan asked you.

You shook your head no, knowing that he was referring to the man in the black trench coat, "Nope."

"And he hasn't approached you yet?" Edgar asked.

"No," you told him, "Every time I've seen him so far he's just stared at me."

You've had a question that you had been meaning to ask both of them for a while. You figured this would be the perfect time to do it, so you asked, "Have you guys, umm, dealt with anything like this before?"

Alan let out a breath before saying, "To tell you the truth, your case is different from anything else we've dealt with before, but we are pretty experienced in the art of monster bashing."

You couldn't help but laugh a little at the phrase "monster bashing". You asked him, "Care to elaborate?"

"Okay so obviously you know the Emersons," Alan said.

You nodded, "Yes, I do."

"Well, they moved to Santa Carla last summer, and it was rather interesting," Alan started to explain, "Michael was in Santa Carla for a total of 48 hours before we got himself turned into a half vampire."