Chapter Twelve: Kissing Frogs

It was a Friday night, and you were in your room reading some comics as the sun was setting. Cooper had just closed up the shoppe, and was down there cleaning it up. As you were sitting on your bed with your comics, you heard something against your window. Confused and slightly worried, you stood up and walked over to see what was happening. You quickly realized that someone was throwing pebbles at your window. When you looked through the window to see who it was, you froze in shock.

You opened your window and said, "Alan?"

"Hey there, y/n," He responded as he smiled and waved at you from the ground.

  You, still stunned that he was at your house again, asked, "What on earth are you doing here?"

He responded by saying in a joking voice, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair."

You giggled a little when he said this before asking, "Seriously though, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see if you wanted to go on a walk," Alan finally answered.

"You want to go on a walk?" You asked curiously.

  "Yeah, it's a nice night out, and the sunset's beautiful," he explained, "I thought it would be nice, just you and me. What do you think?"

You didn't even have to think about your answer. You couldn't say no to a face as cute as Alan's. You answered, "I'd love too."

"Yes!" Alan whisper-yelled as he shot his arms up in victory.

"Just give me a second to talk to Cooper," you told him, "Just stay there. Cooper won't see you there."

"Got it," Alan said, holding a thumbs up to you.

  You closed your window; quickly got changed and grabbed your purse; and went down to the surf shoppe where Cooper was starting to carve a new board.

"Hey Coop," you greeted.

Your brother looked up from the board to smile at you, "Hey y/n, what are you dressed up for?"

"Well, Sam just called me and asked me to go on a walk with him. Would that be okay?" You asked.

Cooper hesitated for a second before saying, "I don't know, it's getting dark out."

"Aww, come on, Cooper. Please," you asked with puppy dog eyes.

Cooper let out a small chuckle, clear giving in. He finally said, "Okay fine, just be careful."

"Thank you, Coop," you said as you ran over to him and gave him a hug.

Cooper responded, "Of course, kiddo. Just don't be out too late."

"I won't," you reassured him as you made your way out the door, "Bye Cooper."

Once you exited the shoppe, you ran to the back of your house where Alan was waiting. As soon as you turned the corner, you started to run over to give him a hug. He met you halfway and wrapped his arms around you in a strong hug.

"Hi, Tiny Dancer," Alan said as he kept his arms around you.

  You smiled and responded, "Hey Al."

  When he pulled away, he asked you, "You ready to go."

  "I'm ready," you answered.

  The two of you started to walk to the boardwalk. It wasn't long before Alan asked you, "Can I hold your hand?"

You felt yourself blush a little as your stomach fluttered a little. It was so sweet how he actually asked to hold your hand. You smiled and answered, "Of course."