02 ||make it up

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

"M-mommy?" Y/N whimpered.

———————————

"HEY, ISN'T THAT MATSU Y/N? What is she doing all bruised up on the floor?" A voice broke out, cutting off all of EverGreene's racing thoughts.

She frozed, her arms hung on her shoulders like cardboards, flimsy but stiff, shoulders tensed upwards like a half shrug with her feet glued to the ground.

"Wait, is that EverGreene then?"

"Don't tell me... did she hit her daughter?"

EverGreene carefully depicted the loud whispers spewing from the passenger's mouth, who had just barely seen what was going on.

Though after quickly soaking in everyone's reaction, upon not hearing anyone yelling upon her slapping her daughter, EverGreene sighed in relief.

Calmly, well as calmly as she could be, she strolled towards the whimpering, confused Y/N, and crouched down in front of her. Y/N flinched and peered upwards hesitantly, only to be greeted with the same motherly eyes her mother had ever given her. "Y/N honey, are you okay? That looked like a pretty nasty fall."

EverGreene reached towards her daughter and caressed her tear-stained cheek with her thumb. She pushed the h/c strands away from Y/N's teary eyes and patted her head. All awhile, giving a soft, loving smile.

Confused, Y/N blanked out and hesitated to accept the motherly gesture, only deciding to go with the flow and pushed her head into EverGreene's hand, happy with the affection.

Though she didn't show it, EverGreene found an urge to gag at the girl's action. She wanted to slap the girl away from her, pull her down the road, and drown her into a sewage drain, if not for the crowd. They had their phone out, ready for any juicy actions that could potentially get leaked to the press. She could tell that most of them had started to record by the tiny ping coming from their devices.

"Aww, I guess we read the situation wrong. Her mom is so sweet~."

EverGreene smirked, only to quickly put back her act and hoisted Y/N onto her shoulder. "Don't touch me with those hands, okay? Your quirk had just manifested; we don't know what it could do," she suggested with a saccharine smile, pushing Y/N's hands away from her head.

"What a blessed child, having a caring hero as her mother."

"Wait, she said Y/N's quirk just manifested, AHhH, I have to get a piece of those plants!"