19.5 || thank you

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

WITH THE CONTROLLER FITTING ALMOST PERFECTLY INTO THE PALMS OF YOUR HANDS, buttons pushed against the soft pads on your fingers, the bright smile on your face couldn't be a better indicator of your excitement. Your eyes were completely blinded by the smooth graphics and animations displayed on the bright screen. At that moment, nothing could be more mesmerizing than seeing and hearing the click of the intro screen.

You could feel the tiny butterflies fluttering underneath your rib cage almost sickenly, just anticipating your first game. It was a lot more nerve-wracking than anything if you were being honest. Sure training could be tough, especially when you're going against your mother, but this kind of nervousness made you feel giddier than anything.

Giddiness isn't something you were accustomed to, it was pretty rare for you to feel any sort of joy towards anything but Hitoshi, food, and sometimes going against your mother's wishes out of spite. (Though the last subject always proved to you that the consequences definitely outweighs the thought behind it.)

Even though the feeling of excitement is almost foreign upon your knowledge, if it were to be hurled at you at hundreds — no — thousands of miles per hour, you still wouldn't hesitate to open up your arms and welcome it without a second thought. Heck, maybe even give it a forehead kiss while you're at it.

You would somewhat describe the feeling like rearing a bathroom when you swear your bladder was going off on a ticking time bomb. The queasiness was there, as well as the urgency, but the feeling couldn't be removed with a simple trip to the bathroom.

The loading screen was moving at a much slower pace than you'd like, making the tension built in your stomach so immensely strong, you wondered if you had accidentally consumed any dairy products anytime on this day.

Despite being lactose intolerant, the thought of cheesecakes and Doritos was of a good deal even if it means you'd feel bloated for the next three days. Cheese is a necessity for survival at this point, you couldn't bear the thought of living the rest of your life without dairy products just for the sole reason of something as wimpy as diarrhea.

How would you do on your first game? Would you be able to get the concept down on your first try? Would the information you learned in class be able to be applied here?

So many questions with so many of them left unanswered, every monologue began swarming haphazardly with no coordination whatsoever inside of your head. Each little dialogue banging against each other carelessly, like a handful of marbles inside of a shaken mason jar.

The hallucinating thoughts screamed volumes, echoing every so often against your hollow skull. All the chaos ensued inside your head rivals against the bangs of pots and pans you would hear on an early Saturday morning, and maybe even louder than the cicadas on a hot summer evening.