16 || "i thought so."

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

"Y/N," HITOSHI BREATHED HEAVILY, face flushed red, leaning his sweaty palms onto his shaky knees. "You're too fast, I can't catch up."

"Come on, one more time." you urged. "You need to do more."

"I..I can't feel my legs." he pants as rivers of sweat glide down his face. "I don't think I can even move my toes."

His legs were numb from overexerting itself, and his arms were shaking from all the push-ups he were forced to do. He's already struggling enough balancing on his two abused, aching feet. He was sure that walking home in this state by itself would be a hard task already.

You, on the other hand, was just getting started. All those years of training weren't for nothing. Ten laps around the neighbourhood, seventy pushups, eighty sit-ups, forty squats, two-minute planks and repeat. Repeat until you collapse that is.

This was the same routine that you were made to do back when you were seven, just three years after getting your quirk. And that too, as your mother put it, was far behind compared to what this certain Todoroki kid had been doing.

During those days of training, you always heard your mother repeat that name repetitively like a chant played on a broken record. Whatever you do, no matter how much you try, you can never manage to satisfy your mother's wishes. You're always behind in the progress of that Todoroki. Todoroki this Todoroki that, god it was getting so frustrating.

You were sure whoever told your mother about that boy was just bluffing though, there was no way after all, for a six-year-old kid to have already perfected their control over their quirk, well half of it as you heard.

The Todoroki had been blessed to have two opposite quirks that would no doubt make him op in many, if not all situations. You heard they both help cancel out each other's drawbacks too, which might explain how quick he was to advance with his skills. It makes him last longer in trainings, as well as battles against villains in real-world situations. The mix up was a bit cliche though now that you think about it, fire and ice? Come on, isn't that a bit too coincidental? This seemed more like a product of a quirk marriage--

Shaking out of your thoughts, you turned around to glance at Hitoshi's wilting figure, his t-shirt clinging onto his back with his sweat soaking through the material. Your heart ached a bit hearing his raspy breaths, knowing well aware that you were being a bit, if not, too unreasonably harsh to him.

He clearly had no experience in training, and even though this was the easiest routine you knew, it doesn't take that much brain cells to realise that this was too much for his body. His physique also made it easily apparent that it would be highly difficult for him to catch up to where you are in such a short span of time, but that doesn't mean you won't try.