13 || sweet

✨ quick note - im going to be writing in second person from now on

quick note - im going to be writing in second person from now on.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Walking out from your crowded classroom, you step out into the hallway, clicking your leather shoes down towards your next class. Carefully carrying the stack of textbooks in your arms, you peeked out from behind the obstacle to try and get a sense of direction of where you're going.

A lot of things has been going on lately, it's now your third year of junior high, and you're getting more and more anxious about your capabilities. Truth be told, nothing much has changed about your skills. You could control your powers more and grow more variations of plants, but thats about it. The exam is coming up sooner than you expected, but from the call last night, your mother doesn't seem to have any expectations set for you either.

"As long as I think you can get recommended, you will." She paused, shifting her phone on her shoulders. " Trying to get in the school through the exam is comparing yourself to a bunch of thugs. They are rejects, and they can't be compared to an elite like you. Worst case scenario is getting beaten by another average school student, we can't risk that."

"But wouldn't it be more meaningful if I get in through hard work?" you asked.

"Getting in by recommendation is kind of like cheating the system, I don't want someone to think I got in because of you." you boldly added.

This is an important moment for you, as much as you know your mother knows more about you, you kind of want to set up your own morals. You want to prove yourself that you belong there, in U.A, because of your hard work and not just because you're related to someone that's already set in the career.

All the other students would be competing against each other just to get a spot in U.A, a prestigious school that guarantees the students to a spot as one of the top heroes in Japan. Your mother got in there through the entrance exam too, so she should have an idea where you're going at.

"Y/N, listen to me." she sighed. "Your quirk... to be blunt it's not that special."

ouch.

"Growing plants from your touch is probably one of the most basic, if not most unreliable quirk. It would've been better if you could grow them without the touch, but we can't do anything about that. Don't be selfish Y/N, this isn't all just about you—"

"But it is!" you argued. "You always, and I mean always connect everything I do back to you. Nobody actually cares, they don't always see me as a representation of you. I'm my own person."