11 || im just joking

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

LEANING AGAINST SHINSOU'S BACK, head tilted forward, I opened my mouth, catching the meatball that I had thrown into the air. As I finished chewing and swallowing my bite, I closed my eyes, leaning my head back onto Shinsou's broad shoulders, playfully poking his cheek.

A few weeks had passed, and we had grown relatively close, something that had surprised me as I've never found myself to be the type of person to be able to befriend someone so quickly. Especially after what happened to Uraraka and I. Our personalities clicked surprisingly well together, like two weird-shaped puzzle pieces, don't ask me how as I don't know how to explain it either.

I guess I could somehow compare it to chocolate and bananas? They're pretty great on their own, but when they clash, they're even better. It's not that the flavor had changed; they just enhanced each other's characteristics like its texture and taste. Ok, maybe not chocolate and bananas, chocolate chip cookies?

A chocolate chip cookie is not what it is if there were no chocolate chips, and neither would chocolate chips taste good on their own. Neither of them taste good by itself, but together, they're unbeatable, the best invention to have ever been made. They were never meant to exist, but the accidental creation itself would soon take over the world and later become a classic.

Woah, ok Shinsou and I probably won't take over the world anytime soon, but I think you get the idea.

"Hey, have you ever just, smiled at random old ladies down the street to show that you're not the average teenage thug?" I questioned.

He turned his back and glanced at me with a raised eyebrow. "Well, that's a bit random."

"So do you?" I asked. "Or is it just me."

Placing his hand over his mouth, his shoulders shook as he fully turned around towards me with puffed cheeks. We awkwardly stare at each other, too long for the society to deem comfortable, before I finally got the hint.

"No?"

"Pft—"

"Haha."

He snorted and tumbled into a fit of laughter upon hearing my awkward chuckles, I blankly stare at him, shrugging before taking another bite of my bento. "Have I told you yet?" He laughed, wiping tears away from his eyes. " You're weird."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, yes. You told me that the first time we talked." I sighed.

Speaking about random things off the top of my head had also become something I find myself easily doing around him too. I don't know why, but despite acting like a complete doofus in front of him, it doesn't seem to spite me at all. I have way too much random rants going inside my head anyway, speaking it out to someone actually feels pretty great.