21

The party began to die down and Tom and Olivia decided to head back to Olivia's. They decided to walk, as Olivia didn't really want to go back with the other girls due to the tension between them. Luckily they'd taken Jordan's car rather than hers to get to the party. They didn't say a lot, just walked with their hands interlocked. Olivia was still tense from the whole situation and Tom could sense her unease.

As they entered Olivia's apartment, Tom asked, 'Are you ok?'

Olivia let out a sigh and turned to face Tom, grabbing hold of his other hand too, 'I'm ok, I just feel guilty,' she responded.

Tom noticed that her mascara had run from her tears, and more were welling up in her eyes. He immediately pulled her into a hug. As her face buried into his shirt, the tears spilled out.

'Me too. But it's not your fault. We decided to keep our relationship a secret and they should respect our decision. I know they're upset but I promise they'll get over it soon. We apologised, even though we didn't have to. We don't have to see them until Monday, they have time to reflect,' Tom said softly.

'You always know exactly what to say,' Olivia reluctantly answered.

'It's just my British charm,' Tom smirked.

'I love you,' Olivia whispered.

'I love you too,' Tom said back, not even trying to hide his smile. He was secretly glad she'd said it first this time, he was worried he had been moving too fast by saying it

Olivia pulled away from the hug to kiss Tom gently, as he pulled her close. The kiss quickly intensified, the pair moving to the couch behind them.

Tom felt Olivia reaching for the buttons on his shirt and she began to try undoing them. He stopped the kiss and she recoiled quickly, embarrassed.

'I don't think we should do this,' Tom said slowly.

Olivia responded, agitated, 'Why not?'

'Well you're upset and I don't want to feel like I'm taking advantage of you,' Tom explained carefully.

'Do you not want me?' Olivia said, tears reforming in her eyes.

Tom cupped her face, 'I absolutely do want you, but I want our first time to be happy and special, I don't want you to regret it or for it to be a sad memory.'

Olivia smiled slightly, 'Ok, I get it.'

'Do you want a hug?' Tom asked quietly.

'Yes please,' Olivia whispered.

Tom pulled her in for a hug and the two instantly relaxed. He played with her hair gently as she closed her eyes.

She couldn't shake the embarrassment she felt, but decided she'd probably feel better when she wasn't so shaken up.

—-

Tom woke up alone on the couch, slightly dazed covered with a blanket that had been carefully placed across his body. He spotted a note on the coffee table, telling him that Olivia had gone for a quick run. He frowned slightly, knowing she only ran when she needed to clear her head. He got up groggily and as he was heading to the bathroom the door swung open to reveal a very sweaty Olivia.

'Hey,' she said cheerily.

'You're way too chipper for the morning,' Tom groaned, 'How long did you run for?'

'Like two hours,' Olivia admitted, Tom's eyes widened, 'I kind of lost track of time,'

'Did you think things out?' Tom asked.