22

The next few days at the studio were awkward to say the least, with the rest of the team avoiding Tom and Olivia like the plague. Neither side wanted to start the repair process. They remained fairly civil when it came to dancing, they knew they had to dance and prepare for the extremely close season of dance.

It was the last day before the studio closed for Christmas, and no one had made any attempt to address the elephant in the room.

'Right guys, so when we come back after new year, we don't have long until our first competition so I need you all to be at the top of your game ok,' Jen, the studio head, announced.

The team just nodded weakly.

'What is going on with you lot?' Jen sighed, exasperated, 'You were so close and now you barely talk to each other.'

Suddenly the team erupted with arguments and shouts.

'Well Tom and Olivia started it!'
'We didn't do anything it's their fault!'
'They're liars!'
'They didn't do anything stop being crazy!'
'Leave them alone,'
'I can't believe they didn't trust us, we're meant to be a team!'
'They wanted privacy, that's fine!'

It was only then that Olivia realised the divide in the team. There were four distinct groups; Tom and Olivia; Briar, Lamar and Taveeta, who were still angry; Jordan, Trevor, Brittany and Myles who had gotten over it; and Harrison, who was stuck in the middle of everything.

Olivia's guilt only increased, realising they'd pretty much torn the team apart. She reached out for Tom's hand, who gave it a squeeze.

'Look, I don't know what's happening with you lot, but you have to sort it out. No one is leaving until you talk this out,' Jen yelled, 'You've all worked so hard, do you really want to ruin it over something stupid?'

And with that, she left and the team heard the click of keys in the door. Silence blanketed the team. They were all looking at the floor uncomfortably.

The arguing began again, and Olivia felt tears forming in her eyes. She hated yelling.

'Look, I know you're pissed,' Tom started, loudly. Olivia looked up in shock, she thought she'd have to be the one to address everything.

'Yeah, no shit,' Briar retaliated.

'I just need you to explain why, so we can talk it out and explain,' Tom explained calmly.

This stumped Briar a bit as she thought it out, 'We were all rooting for you, and you betrayed us,' She said sadly, her angry exterior crumbling down to reveal her emotions.

Myles wrapped his arm around her carefully, as a tear slid down her face, 'I just thought we were close, and then you guys kept such a big secret. You made us feel horrible for trying to get you together,' she continued.

This broke Olivia's heart, Briar was right, they were close and Olivia had hurt her. She released Tom's hand and ran over to Briar. Myles moves away, allowing Olivia to hug Briar.

'I'm so sorry,' Olivia whispered as tears streamed down her face, 'I know I messed up, I really do. I'll never keep anything from you again, I swear.'

Briar nodded, 'You better not,' she laughed through her tears, 'I'm sorry I got so angry and defensive. I've dealt with a lot of toxic friends and I was trying to convince myself you were one of them. But you're not.'

'So we're good?' Olivia asked carefully, pulling away.

'We're great,' Briar smiled.

Olivia turned to Taveeta, who was also crying at that point, and out of the corner of her eye she noticed Tom and Harrison talking to Lamar.