Big new chances

And I woke up. Well, the pain woke me up.

I quickly got picked up from the ground, I don't know who, I was looking at the ground, too tired to even tilt my head.

I wanted to sleep again, but I got shaken.

"Stay with me buddy" He exclaimed. It was the voice of a young man.

The noise of the crackling wood and voices started slowly disappearing, as if I were moving away from all the commotion. I tried to close my eyes but I got shaken again, the boy spoke again, something that I really didn't listen, not because I don't want to but because I can't.

I can't even move, not even turn my head to see where is this boy taking me to. And everything fades to black.

I stood up with a jump. I was back at my little home, in the little 'FRAGILE' box. The sky was clean, even the streets were clean. "What happened?" I thought all loud.

There were no houses around, only the clear shining sand of the beach and a light blue sea. I don't remember Adventure Bay being this way. Everything seemed so peaceful and clean, it was like the dreamed city.

But the sea slowly started changing colour. The delightful tones of the light blue started turning to a darker tone. The sand started shaking, turning into a dark grey colour. Heavy dark clouds started covering the sky and heavy rain began to fall.

The floor started to shake even more, and the pain began.

I moan in pain, pressing my eyes closed, feeling my body shake. I take a peek to see the boy in front of me, blood forming around me and rests of glass fragments on one side forming a small pile. The pain came back, making me grunt loudly.

I opened my eyes one more time, the sea has turned into a dark red colour, what once was clean sand is now gravel, in a combination of dark mud that's getting thicker by the heavy rain. I tried to run away but I couldn't even move.

The mud started slowly pulling me down like quicksand, the rain got even more intense and the sea started drying out. I wanted to scream but I didn't have the will enough to do it. I felt like I was drowning, I can't breathe.

My heart is pumping loud enough to hear it clearly, it's bumping even louder than the rain that's falling. "I'm scared" I hear the voice of the little girl inside my head. The face of the mother, I know exactly how she was feeling because I feel the same way almost every day.

The clouds then start changing colour. The rain slowly turns to a soft sprinkle and the mud stops dragging me down. Only my eyes weren't covered by the heavy mud. Green haze projects in the sky as if the sun turned that colour, My heart beat slowly fades, and everything turns quiet. The only thing I can hear is the murmuring voices and whispering echo of my thoughts, then I heard a voice that was desperately calling a name, they were asking for something.

And I open my eyes one last time.

I quickly look around. This doesn't look like a house but it feels like one, quite big, somehow warm, lots of unpacked boxes around.

I noticed was laying on a big red couch, some parts of my still dirty body are bandaged forming X shapes and band-aids everywhere. I'm not a medic but I'm smart enough to knowledge that that's not a good job.

But, who is this young boy? And why is he helping me?, I thought.

I take a look around to find an exit but there's not a single door, everything's just a circle with a dark big tube in the middle of the aspheric room. A few boxes, one on top of the other one, and rolled carpets right next to them but no doors.