Complicated Thoughts

Why me. . . .

Why always me?

Why is every sharp decision left to me?

Can't I just. . .

vanish . . .

Run away? Where would I even go. . .

"That was intense" I hear right next to me

I quickly open my eyes to find Rocky sitting next to me, looking where I was looking.

"Rocky. . . sorry, I just. . . I think a lot"

He just chuckles "I noticed"

Then he sighs, followed by a yawn "I think I'm going to sleep a little more" and, without hesitation, heads to his pup-house, but I follow behind

I'm still thinking about Chase, it makes me feel weird. It's not sadness, but it's similar.

Rocky quickly gets into his pup house and slowly lays down, resting his head on his paws before closing his eyes.

I lay down as well, right at the entrance of his pup-house.

Everything stays quiet for a few minutes, then Rocky yawns again "What is it Marshall?"

But he quickly falls asleep.

I decide to not bother him, so I just stay quiet.

Would Ryder come looking for me if I run away?

What if I just confront Chase? or maybe I'm making a wrong assumption about the Chase thing

And I hear laughter outside.

I could hear Chase's voice, talking in a weirdly exciting way, and a female voice I couldn't recognize.

Then I heard the Lookout's door open and close, cutting the chatting sounds abruptly.

They are definitely going up to meet with Ryder

I let a sigh go and take off my Fireman helmet, gently placing it on the floor right in front of me.

I'm not even qualified for this job, what am I doing. . .

I wonder where my parents are. . . Are they even alive?

Rocky slowly rolls over to his other side, gently huffing.

I rest my head on one side of the pup-house staring at him.

Do you even care? . . . Or are you just being nice and following along. . .

The sunlight begins to get covered by big grey clouds, followed by a slight cold breeze that whistles on the calm green grass

But if you go. . . who else do I have? Am I going back to being alone?

And Rocky smacks his lips, turning back to his other side.

"Hey Rocky?" I gently call