The Paw Patrol

"A friend is waiting for you inside" Ryder says as he dries me off with a towel. "He's quite excited to meet you"

I've never interacted with anyone besides Ryder and that girl at the house. And I have to admit I'm quite scared, but just as Ryder said - This is my chance to start a new life. Everything from scratch -

"Marshall, let's go" He calls, already heading inside the tower.

I really need to stop daydreaming.

I quickly follow him inside the tower. What surprises me is that the tower looked way bigger when I woke up, because now that I think it's not that big. The only thing that is still the same size is that giant menacing black tube in the middle of the spheric room.

The tube doors open, again with that wooshing sound that makes me jump. He walks inside as I give a couple of steps back.

"It's alright, no need to be scared" Ryder says in a calm voice, making a gesture with his hand.

And where is that friend he talked about? This is scary, I don't want to be here.

The doors quickly close and the wooshing sound began. This tube is even scarier on the inside.

It looked like we were going up. Ryder started speaking but I was more focused on where this tube was taking us.

And the doors quickly open. His friend was there, waiting right in front of the tube doors. The beautiful blue and yellow necklace matched with the blue and yellow suit he was wearing.

"I would like you to meet Chase, he is the patrol's cop" Ryder informs standing right next to him.

"Hi! I'm Chase, really nice to meet you" He firmly says, giving me a grin.

I try to smile back "Hi, I'm . . . Marshall"

This still feels like that nightmare I had. Everything it's just unreal.

"Chase, can you bring the -FP- labelled box please" Ryder orders as Chase quickly runs towards some boxes that were in piles just like the ones I saw on the first floor.

Chase didn't take long to find that box Ryder asked for.

"What's this?" I ask

"This is yours" Ryder replies as he opens the box

He takes a red suit from the box and carefully places it on the floor. Then he takes a very weird shaped helmet and a red bowl.

I just stay looking at the suit, it's similar but yet very different from the one Chase has. "Come on, try it!"

I slowly put the red suit on, it was slightly bigger but I can live with that, then I put the helmet on.

Ryder seems so excited but I don't really feel the same way. I don't want to go back to my little cardboard box either. I just feel like I don't belong anywhere.

"Hmm. . . Something is missing" He says slightly touching his chin with his hand. "Oh! I know. Chase, could you get me-"

"On it!" Chase cuts Ryder. He quickly runs to another pile of boxes and starts opening a few. This time he took a couple of minutes before coming back with a small box. Labelled with a red 'Fragile' on every side.

Ryder kneels, carefully opening the box in front of me "Listen carefully Marshall, This is called a Pup-Tag" He takes a necklace just like the one Chase has, but this one is red and yellow. "Our crew will soon have missions that will require us to communicate with each other. So it's important for you to have it and take care of it"

I just nod, not taking my look from his eyes.

He puts me the necklace with the Pup-tag.

"Marshall" He slowly places his hand on top of my shoulder "You are officially a member of our Patrol. The Paw Patrol"

I don't like this anymore. I just want to go home.